Chapter 11 : Am I not good enough for him?

A/N

Before we begin with the chapter, a huge huge huge thank you to all of you those who have read my new one shot ‘The Last Letter’ and showered it with so much love. I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to reply to all of you but trust me I have read each one of the comments and the response has rendered me speechless. When I started the OS I never expected such a beautiful response. It’s the best any of my one shots have. Thank you so much once again 💖💖

*** CHAPTER 11 ***

Something is missing!

Something that’s really important… but is missing! And this feeling alone leaves Swara heartsick.

The pain that has been inflicted upon her heart for a while now, becomes overbearing lately. She feels like she’s losing herself bit by bit every moment. Fragments of some memory keep flashing right in front of her eyes again and again and she couldn’t even understand… Why? What is it that her heart wants to remember but her mind betrays her every time?

Vulnerable! That’s what she has been feeling like. Her heart breaks every moment she tries to join the scattered traces of her lost memories. But all that keeps her enact during all this turmoil is none other than the man she has started developing feelings for.

Swara has always admired Shlok ever since her college times. She has always respected him a lot and undoubtedly he is her best friend. He has always been with her whenever she needed him. Things have been a little awkward when they tied a knot together. One moment you admire the person considering him as an idol and the next moment you find out that he is your to-be husband. Things haven’t been so easy for Swara but Shlok always understood her and gave her all the time she wanted to get herself together for their relationship.

She really likes him but ever since he has come back from America things have been pretty different. At first Swara believed the difference is because she really missed Shlok during those six months but slowly she has come to realize that it’s the feel that has changed. The soothing touch before has become warm and comforting now. His one single touch leaves her yearning for more. Though his movements have become more hesitant and cautious around her but his warmth is becoming more and more enticing and alluring, and Swara couldn’t help but feel attracted to him. He is her solace.

Her inner torment seems to be subsiding as she feels the warmth of his palm on her forehead and with that follows his faint soft whisper right next to her ear…

“What are you doing to me, Swara?”

Her heart aches to be in his embrace. She wants to lean on to him and rather ask… What is he doing to her? How has he changed so much? It feels as if he has altogether become a different person. But she fails to do so. Apparently, the medicines are affecting her to a greater extent making her body numb and forcing her to keep her eyes closed. She could feel but couldn’t react.

She somehow grabs his palm and entwines their fingers together. His warmth is all she seeks for comfort. She sighs as she feels his breath fanning her face and then he quietly shifts next to her, not making any further attempts to pull his hand away. Slowly she snuggles closer to him and she feels his calm breathing and rhythmic rise and fall of his chest as he dozes off.

-----------------------.

Swara smiles as the cool breeze tickles her skin. Snuggling closer to him she rests her head on his chest as both of them gaze at the beautiful stars lying in the open field.

Swara has never felt so contented before. Lying next to him with his arms around her in a warm embrace makes her feel like the luckiest girl ever alive. She raises her head a little and his breathtaking smile takes her heart away. It’s then she realizes that she’s falling him.