𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 18

{No one's pov}

{No one's pov}

Y/n's heart raced as she watched Kuon's face, desperately trying to comprehend the fleeting expression she had glimpsed. The smile had vanished as quickly as it had appeared, replaced by a stoic and impassive visage. Doubt crept into her mind, wondering if she had imagined the whole thing.

"Did Kuon-senpai just... smile?" Y/n questioned herself, her eyes widening in surprise. Fear mingled with her curiosity, uncertain of what that smile might signify.

However, as she shifted her gaze back to Kuon, his face remained devoid of any warmth. The smile was nowhere to be found, leaving her to question her own perception. The intensity of the game was still palpable, and Y/n's mind was soon drawn back to the task at hand.

The second half was well underway, with only thirty minutes remaining. Y/n's team held a one-point lead, but they knew they couldn't afford to let their guard down. Igarashi, panting slightly, spoke up, breaking the silence that had settled among them.

"We still have thirty minutes, and we're one point up... we should try to score again, right?" Igarashi suggested, his voice laced with determination as he prepared to take his position on the field.

Kunigami nodded in agreement, wiping the sweat off his forehead. "Yeah, let's attack," he replied, his voice reflecting the same determination as Igarashi's.

Y/n felt a surge of motivation welling up within her. She exchanged a high-five with Bachira, their excitement intertwining as they prepared to make their move. The final formation was decided, with Y/n, Bachira, and Kunigami forming the frontline.

As the speakers whistle pierced through the air, signaling the resumption of the game, Y/n's mind focused solely on the objective. She knew that the next point could shift the momentum back in their favor, and she was determined to seize that opportunity.

"Alright, team! This is our chance! If we score next, we can take back the momentum of this game!" Y/n shouted, her determination mirrored by the resolute expressions on her teammates' faces.

With a burst of energy, Y/n sprinted toward the opposing team's goal, with Bachira and Kunigami flanking her. The distance between them and victory seemed within reach.

"Bring it on!" Keisuke's voice boomed across the field, the opposition sensing the impending threat that Y/n posed.

"We can't let them take the initiative here. We just need to execute the combinations we've practiced!" Y/n thought, her mind focused on the strategy they had honed in training.

Passing the ball to Kunigami, Y/n saw an opportunity for their attack to unfold. Kunigami swiftly received the ball, his skills shining as he deftly controlled it between his feet, propelling himself forward.

"With y/n as the link, Bachira and I can form a triangle that'll smash right through their defense!" Kunigami thought, his confidence surging through him as he charged towards the goal.