𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 28

(Before the story starts, how's everyone doing today?!) (^ω^)

~~~~~

{No one's pov}

The score board changed once again, and it was 2-1 in favor of Team V. The intensity on the field was palpable as the players battled for victory. Nagi, with his white hair and tired eyes, turned to his friend Reo, seeking some respite.

"Hey, Reo. How many points till I can slack off?" Nagi asked, letting out a small huff as he awaited Reo's response. Reo, engrossed in congratulating Zantetsu on his goal, seemed momentarily distracted.

"Huh? Oh, yeah..." Reo replied slowly, his gaze wandering across the field to gauge the morale of the players on Team Z.

Reo hummed quietly, observing that most of the players on Team Z were either lying on the ground or wearing expressions of defeat. It was clear that they had lost the will to fight, and Reo knew that their determination would wane further.

"It's probably okay now. Looks like they've lost the will to fight," Reo announced, a grin forming on his face. He knew that Team V was on the verge of victory.

"It's the same pattern as the other teams we've played so far," Reo mused, his eyes briefly darting to y/n, who was wiping the sweat off her face with her jersey. He couldn't help but appreciate her beauty, even in the midst of intense competition.

"In the face of our overwhelming attack power... they're kindred spirits," Zantetsu remarked, misusing the word and drawing a bewildered look from Reo.

"Don't you mean dispirited?! You bonehead!" Reo corrected Zantetsu, slightly exasperated. The moment was interrupted by a loud sound, the impact of a foot hitting a soccer ball. All eyes turned to the source of the noise.

"All right! All right! This is getting fun~" Bachira exclaimed, stretching his arms and balancing the soccer ball on his lifted foot.

"Hm?" Nagi voiced his curiosity, wondering why Bachira seemed so excited when Team V was already in the lead and Team Z appeared demoralized.

"What's with him?" Zantetsu asked, scratching his head in confusion as he observed Bachira's peculiar behavior.

"I dunno," Reo muttered, his gaze fixed on Bachira, who was staring back at him with an unusual expression.

"...Bachira-senpai?" y/n called out, her voice cutting through the silence. "What are you talking about?"

"Huh? I mean, aren't those three awesome?! I'm getting pumped~" Bachira replied enthusiastically, bouncing the ball up and down on his foot. Isagi and y/n exchanged bewildered glances, struggling to comprehend Bachira's enthusiasm in such dire circumstances.

"Huh? But... it's 2-1, and they have a strategy to beat all of our weapons. There's no way we can win at this rate..." Isagi managed to voice his concerns, pointing towards the formidable trio on Team V who were staring back at them.