𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 31

{No one's pov}

{No one's pov}

Anri-Chan stood beside Ego in the bustling monitoring room, their attention fixated on the screen displaying the intense match between Team V and Team Z. Ego turned to Anri with a contemplative look in his eyes.

"Anri-Chan... do you understand the true meaning of 'awakening'?" Ego inquired, his gaze still fixed on the captivating game.

Anri paused, pondering the significance of the word in this context. "Hmm... perhaps it's when someone discovers their inner strength or becomes an inspiration to others," she ventured, trying to decipher Ego's line of thought.

Ego shook his head dismissively, his focus unyielding. "No, that's not it at all. That's just nonsensical fantasy, Anri," he retorted, disregarding her interpretation of awakening.

Anri felt a pang of frustration at Ego's response. "Nonsensical? How can you dismiss it so easily?" she exclaimed, her voice carrying a mix of disappointment and defiance.

"Awakening isn't some supernatural phenomenon or acquiring extraordinary powers. Such unrealistic events simply don't occur, you busted dummy." Ego scoffed, his attention still captivated by the unfolding match.

Anri muttered under her breath, her face reddening with embarrassment. "It's not like my chest has anything to do with this!" she protested, covering herself with her hands.

"That's just a delusional dream held by those who haven't tasted success," Ego continued, his gaze fixed on y/n's performance on the screen. "Listen carefully, Anri-chan. Awakening happens when one accumulates knowledge and experience, learning from their mistakes through trial and error, or pushing themselves to the limits in the pursuit of victory. It's the culmination of scattered pieces of success that come together, allowing one's true self to flourish," Ego explained, his words resonating with both of them.

As Ego's voice trailed off, Anri followed his gaze and noticed his fixation on y/n's beauty. "Oh, not again," Anri thought, her frustration momentarily shifting to amusement. "He's fallen for y/n once more. I should have expected it. Well, I can't blame him... y/n is truly stunning," she admitted, a small smile playing on her lips.

Shaking off her own distraction, Anri refocused her attention on Ego. "Ego-San, you were saying something before. What was it?" she asked, wanting to bring him back to the present moment.

Startled by the interruption, Ego's face reddened in embarrassment. "Ah, yes... I apologize. I was saying that the true essence of 'awakening' lies in discovering one's authentic self," he confessed, averting his gaze from y/n's enchanting presence.

Anri couldn't help but feel a sense of warmth witnessing Ego's vulnerability. Despite his occasional obliviousness and fixation on y/n, there was a genuine depth to him. She nodded in understanding, appreciating the profound truth in his words.

"Why didn't you shoot?" Nagi's voice echoed in Isagi's mind as he sprinted toward Zantetsu, who currently had possession of the ball.

"Pointless... I see... It was pointless. When I was in front of the goal back there..." Isagi's thoughts trailed off, his gaze fixated on y/n, who was blocking Zantetsu along with Chigiri. "Wow... y/n looks so pretty right now... WAIT, ISAGI, STOP THINKING ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW! THINK OF WHAT'S AT HAND!" Isagi scolded himself, shaking his head to clear his distractions and focusing on the goal he almost scored moments ago.