☆°Part Nineteen°☆

In the perspective of:
...LARRY JOHNSON...

"Uh... U-um.." Sal stuttered, no longer focused on his Gearboy, but glancing over at Ashley who was visibly squirming under his gaze, her face still bright red.

"I guess. One thing I really love about you is how creative you are." He manages to tell Ashley.

She couldn't contain the smile that tugged on the corners of her mouth. While it was an obvious answer, Ashley's artistic skills were admired by pretty much everyone. But that didn't mean it had to reduce the meaningfulness of the compliment itself.

"Thanks Sal."

"Not done yet. I also love how mindful you are, you aren't prejudiced at all and relatively accepting." He continued. Sal's words were soft-spoken, directly at Ash and no-one else.

Rather than finding this whole truth thing cheesy, it was kind of inspiring. I want to talk to Travis like this one day, albeit, in my own way of course.

"I admire and love the way you talk as well. You always seem to know what to say, or at least, what you want to say. I love how honest you are about how you feel."

"And it's not like you're opinionated either, you're just... Brave, and strong. Yeah. I-.. I love your creativity, your mindfulness, your honesty, you're bravery, you're... Everything, really." Sal stammered out, a hint of red peeping from under his prosthetic.

Ashley was no better. Her entire face was a rosy tint due to feeling both flattered and flustered. I could feel the rooms overall temperature rise with the heat that was emitting from both of their faces.

Travis was first to break the awkward and romance-ridden silence with his candy wrapper he'd left unopened 'til now.

"Pfft-" A barely-laugh escaped from me.

"Sorry.." He mumbled, putting the candy in his mouth and rolling the wrapper up quieter.

"No uh- It's okay. Who's going next?" Sal asked after a breath.

"Larry can go." Ash said quickly, completely ignoring the natural order of the game.

"Umm.. Okay?" I agreed, not because I didn't mind this new arrangement, but because Ashley seemed pretty persistent about it- and you'd bet I wasn't going to argue with her.

"Great. Larry.. Truth or dare?" She asked me, even though at the moment, Ashley's obviously mischievous plan would do me no good, I couldn't swallow my pride down and pick the safe option.

"Dare." I say, tilting my head slightly upwards to try trick everyone that I was confident in my choice. None of them were fooled- not even Travis- who squeezed my hand comfortingly as a sign that he knew I was nervous.

"Really? How brave of you." Sal commented.

"More like stupid. I dare you to eat Travis's candy." Ash dared me.

"I- what?" I baffled.

I looked over the Travis, who seemed pretty confused. The wrapper he had still crumpled in his hand. How do I do that? Travis already had it in his- Oh.. I thought as I suddenly realised what she meant.

"Looks like you know what I mean. Now go on." She continued, a smirk plastered on her face.

I don't think Sal- or even Travis for that matter- knew where this was going besides me and Ash, which wasn't helpful. What if Travis wasn't okay with this? I'd ask him for permission but- gosh, that just sounds embarrassing, what would I even say? 'Hey Travis, mind if you transfer the candy I gave you from your mouth to mine?'