18 - Anxiety

Hyunjin was the first to wake up. When he did, it took him a moment to remember where he was. Once that realization set in, he then started to notice the warm body that was clinging to his back. 

Indeed, Felix was spooning Hyunjin. This made the older blush ferociously, and he gripped the comforter tightly. 

As he slowly got over his gay panic, however, he started to notice how comforting Felix's touch was. He swore that anytime the younger touched him, he would find it comforting. Felix was a naturally gentle and warm soul, which was the opposite of the cold front that Hyunjin tends to put up. The older loved that about Felix, because he's the only one who has been able to make Hyunjin show his soft side completely. It's something that only Jeongin, Hyunjin's absolute best friend, has seen. 

Hyunjin noticed the limp hand that sat by his stomach. The older slowly grabbed that hand with his and intertwined the fingers. 

Felix's hand was warm despite not being under the comforter, Hyunjin found. He slowly caressed the younger's thumb with his, as a soft smile formed on the older's face. 

I could stay like this forever. 

After a few minutes, however, Felix began to wake up. At first, he was confused as to what he was cuddling. When he realized it was Hyunjin, he started to blush. Until he realized that they were also holding hands, then Felix blushed more aggressively. 

Hyunjin felt the younger begin to wake up behind him, so he flipped over in order to face Felix. The older noticed the very red look on the younger's face. He giggled, greeting, "Good morning, sunshine."

Felix quickly covered his face with his hands, completely embarrassed. 

"Don't look at me!" Felix pouted. 

Hyunjin giggled louder, pulling Felix's hands away from his face (having to use a little force in the process). 

"I felt the same way when I woke up. It's okay," Hyunjin admitted with a sheepish smile. 

A moment of silence followed Hyunjin's words, accompanied by the rapid beating of both boys' hearts, although unbeknownst to the other. They both stared at each other's dark brown eyes, while also examining the other's face. 

Hyunjin looked at the Felix's freckles: the younger's charming point. To Hyunjin, everything about Felix was perfect, from his looks to his personality. Not only could the older stare at the younger and never find a single flaw, but he could listen to Felix's voice all day long and never get tired of it, unlike Jisung. Hyunjin wished to learn everything about Felix. 

To Felix, he found Hyunjin stunning to look at. He's thought so ever since he first laid eyes on the older that first day of school. He, too, could never find a single flaw in Hyunjin's appearance. And sure, the older has anxiety, but that was not a flaw to Felix. In fact, it did not make Felix like Hyunjin any less! Felix is more rather encouraged to help the older through this struggle in any way he can. Because Felix cares deeply for the older; more and more every day. 

At some point, Felix became fixated on the older's lips. They looked so pink and plump, and Felix didn't even realize that he had licked his own lips while staring at Hyunjin's. 

Hyunjin noticed this, and he could feel his face heating up. He also couldn't help but look at Felix's now-wet, rounded lips. 

At that moment however, as if to knock the boys out of their trance, Felix's phone started buzzing on the nightstand. 

Confused and brought back to reality, Felix sat up and picked up the phone, quickly answering the call when he saw that it was Jisung. 

"Hello?" Felix asked, putting the phone up to his ear.