22 - Unwanted Attention

The performance was highly successful. When they had finished, the gym was the loudest it had been all game. The boys had felt that they achieved their goal of surprising everyone with this new performance, but they didn't realize yet the full impact that they had made. 

Hyunjin arrived at the school that following Monday a few minutes before the warning bell as per usual. He made his way to his locker before noticing Felix down the hallway, standing behind his locker door. 

Hyunjin decided to go surprise the younger. So he quietly walked further down the corridor, saying a light, "Boo!" when he was at Felix's side. 

The younger jumped, and the older giggled at him. 

Felix placed his hand on his chest and exhaled, "Oh, it's just you."

"Yeah. Who'd you think it was?"

"I don't know."

The whole time, a smile had never appeared on Felix's beautiful freckled face, which confused Hyunjin. The older tilted his head, asking, "You okay?"

"Yeah. I've just been getting a lot of attention this morning. People keep coming up to me and complimenting on my performance Friday."

Hyunjin raised an eyebrow and smirked at the younger, saying, "Really?"

Just then, a few girls came up to them, one of them saying, "Felix, we really loved your performance Friday!"

"Yeah, your part was my favorite," another added. 

Felix faked a smile and thanked the girls before they scurried off, excitedly whispering to each other. 

This encounter made Hyunjin's smirk fade. He realized how much it was overwhelming Felix, and (although he didn't want to admit it) made him a bit jealous. 

Felix's fake smile immediately disappeared once the girls had walked away. He turned back towards Hyunjin and let out a large sigh. 

Hyunjin stepped closer and rubbed the younger's back, asking, "Do you want me to walk you to class?"

"Could you?"

Hyunjin nodded, and that was the first genuine smile that Felix had made that day. He quickly hugged Hyunjin and grabbed his stuff. 

The two then made their way to Hyunjin's locker so that he could grab his stuff as well. Yeji was there, and when the boys approached, she quickly stood up and bowed towards Felix, greeting, "Hey! I'm Hwang Yeji."

Felix bowed back and then raised a brow, saying, "Hwang?"

He glanced at Hyunjin and then back at Yeji, noticing the similarity between the two. 

"We're not related," Hyunjin blurted as he opened his locker. 

"We might as well be. People always say that we look alike," Yeji added. 

"I can see it," Felix shyly admitted. 

Yeji then pointed at Felix and turned to Hyunjin, saying, "See? We should just tell people that we're related."

"Fat chance," Hyunjin responded.

Yeji rolled her eyes and Felix giggled quietly. 

"Anyways, I just wanted to say hi to," in this moment, she leaned closer to Felix and continued more quietly, "Hyunjin's man."

Felix felt his ears get hot as his eyes widened a bit. Just then, Hyunjin stood up and closed his locker, his books in hand.  As Hyunjin turned to face the two, he explained, "She's the only one I've told outside of our friend group."