15

When I answer the video call, all I can see is Minho's eyes, forehead and hair as he comes into focus on my screen.

"I can still work technology," he says, his voice slightly slurred. "I just couldn't see the screen well enough to type so this is easier."

I hum, nodding in amusement as I smile at him. His eyes are glossy and slightly drooped, his hair a bit unkempt like he's been running his fingers through it a lot.

"And maybe I wanted to see you," he mumbles, but it's loud enough where I can just make it out.

"You can't fight true love," I say, shaking my head with a loud sigh.

Minho laughs, the entire screen shaking with him as more of the wall behind him comes into view and his eyes slip down. "You're so annoying. You know that?"

"I know very well. I've spent years perfecting the art of getting on people's nerves," I say, running my fingers through my dark hair to get it out of my face. I didn't have time to look less like a bridge troll when he called so I just have to accept my fate that my out-of-control curly black hair and one-day old makeup covered face may be enough to make this man run for the hills.

"Your eyes are brown," he says, and I laugh as I roll my eyes.

"You were supposed to say they're beautiful or something, not state a fact about what color they are," I say. "And that's unfair because I can't even see your eyes right now."

"My bad," he says as he shuffles around to reposition his phone so his entire (gorgeous) face is in view. "I was too busy staring at you."

"Who got you drunk and where should I send their thank you note?" I ask, jaw dropping open a bit. He's never been so outright flirty with me for more than a second at a time.

"I'm much more entertaining in person," he explains with a nod of his head. "I'm not a good texter."

"Hence why you said you wanted to tell me in person whether you want to smash or pass," I say, nodding back and laughing when he rolls his eyes.

"Nice to know you're just as crude in person as you are over text," he says with a smile, his eyes glistening with his alcohol-induced mood.

"You wouldn't change a thing about me," I say, dramatically flipping my hair over my shoulder.

"There's one thing I would change, actually," he says and I frown.

"Watch your next words, Mr. Lee," I say, narrowing my eyes at him as he laughs again.

"I'd change your current location to my current location," he says, and my mouth pops open again.

"Sir, are you being horny?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.

Another laugh. God, that laugh.

"Am I not allowed to want to be near you? It doesn't even need to be sexual, you pervert," he says, pursing his lips.

"But could it be sexual?" I ask, winking at him as he rolls his eyes and puts his phone down so all I can see is a white ceiling.

"I gotta go before I say or do something stupid," he says out of frame and I push my tongue against my cheek.

"Feel free to say or do something stupid," I say, grinning. "We both know I'm down."

"Goodnight, Cat," he says after a heavy sigh and a moment of tense silence.

"It's going to be fun talking to you tomorrow and making fun of how drunk you are right now and how you just almost showed me your dick on a video call," I say as he picks up the phone to hang up.

"Maybe next time," he says and then hangs up.

Drunk Lee Minho is something else, I tell ya.