64

Walking into Minho's dorm is weird, for many reasons.

Firstly, I had to wear a whole ass disguise to even walk into the building itself so that if people were lingering around and happened to take pictures of me walking into the place, they wouldn't be able to tell who I am. I even had to park my car a bit far off so no one would see me getting out of it and then walking into the dorms.

Their company takes this stuff seriously, I'm telling you.

I felt like a spy sneaking into a top secret building. Not gonna lie, I definitely hummed spy music to myself as I was going in.

Now that I'm actually almost at their door, my anxiety at being seen by someone has shifted to anxiety at meeting the other members of Stray Kids after months of getting to know (and obsess over) Minho.

I am pretty resigned to the fact that I'm gonna say or do multiple stupid things.

I don't even have to knock on the door; as soon as I get to the right one, it swings open and my eyes are blessed at the sight of a bare-faced Minho grinning at me.

"Nice disguise," he says, pointing at my face.

I may have gone a bit far with it, but I was determined not to cause issues with him and the public eye constantly keeping tabs on him and the other members. Not only did I wear a loose sweatshirt with sweatpants, I also wore a baseball cap, sunglasses and a mask.

I even tucked my hair up into the cap so it would be harder to tell if I'm a boy or a girl.

"I'm not gonna be the reason you get caught up in a dating scandal," I say as I pull the hat, mask and glasses off and push them into his chest. "Here you go. Happy birthday."

"Whose birthday is it?" a voice sounds from the room I've just walked into and my heart falls into my butt.

Seven pairs of eyes are staring up at me.

All the rest of the members are scattered around the small living room of Minho, Jeongin, Felix and Seungmin's dorm, each of them either bouncing in excitement or staring at me with a mixture of apprehension and confusion.

The dorm is a bit smaller than I expected, though I can only see the living room and kitchen from where I'm standing. There isn't much decor around but the two white couches look comfortable and definitely expensive. The coffee table is some kind of light gray material but my knowledge of tables is nonexistent so for all I know it could be made of some fancy stuff I've never even heard of before. From what I can see of the kitchen, it's spotless and I'm sure if it was messy before I got here, Minho either cleaned it himself or threatened the lives of the younger members so they would clean it. (Both are equally viable options.)

I subconsciously brush my fingers through my hair now that it's back down around my shoulders, and I shift my comfortable outfit to make sure I actually am wearing clothes and I didn't do that thing in nightmares where you show up to something important in your underwear.

"It isn't anyone's birthday, Jisung," Minho says as he sets my stuff down by the door and walks to stand beside me. "She was just being annoying."

"And you're being rude," Seungmin says, rolling his eyes.

Chris stands up, grinning at me and if I didn't have great bladder control, I would've peed.

"Hello Catherine. It's so great to finally meet you," he says in English and I frown at him.

"How did you know I speak English?" I ask, looking over at Minho as my eyes narrow at him. "You been talking shit?"

"I figured you speak English since your mom is American," he explains, frowning back at me.

"Well yeah," I say, shrugging. "I'm a bilingual queen."

"Me too," Changbin says, raising his hand in excitement.

"Bestie," Hyunjin says, standing and walking towards me with his arms outstretched. "I'm so happy to finally meet in person."

Minho's hand comes up and Hyunjin stops in his place, his arms falling limply to his sides.

"Don't be an ass," I say to Minho, lightly smacking his (muscular as fuck) arm and then grinning at Hyunjin.

"I would hug you, but you're probably more useful to Minho alive than dead," I say, shrugging.

"Debatable," Minho and Seungmin say together, both of them looking at each other and frowning in annoyance.

I sigh, shaking my head at their antics. At least I'm not embarrassing myself... yet.

"I'm Catherine if anyone wasn't aware," I say, waving at everyone. "You can call me Cat though."

"Minho and Cat," Felix says, laughing to himself. "If that's not fate..."

"Excuse all of these weirdos," Jeongin finally speaks up, smiling politely at me. "It's nice to meet you. Glad to know you seem to be normal and not like these guys."

Minho scoffs and Hyunjin laughs.

"Fuck both of you," I say, glaring at the two of them. "I'm definitely normal."

"We're wasting time," Changbin whines. "Minho is gonna kick us all out soon and we haven't even done anything fun yet."

"Okay, everyone chill out now," Chris says, holding his hands out. "We've all met Cat and everyone is good and happy, yeah?"

"I've never known happiness," Felix says.

"Let me play the world's smallest violin for you," Seungmin says.

"I was kidding, and we both know you don't know how to play anything except mind games," Felix grumbles.

Hyunjin laughs. "Good one."

"Children," Chris says, sighing to himself.

"Welcome to my world," Minho whispers in my ear, and I get goosebumps on my skin from how close this damn man is to me.

I try not to squeal in happiness when Minho puts his hand on my lower back, leading me to a small couch that has just enough room for the two of us.

"Let's play truth or dare," Seungmin suggests. "Unless you all are too chicken."

All of us exchange looks, and I can just see the competitiveness take over all their faces.

"Let's do it," I say, clapping my hands together.