𝐕 . 𝐒𝐡𝐢𝐞𝐥𝐝

Mylaela could not rest that night, she sat in a dark corner as she kept her ears peeled for any noises outside of the mountain. Bofur remained awake as he was told to, the Elf deciding to join him where he sat.

"You should be resting, lass," he scolded as she sat next to him, a chuckle leaving her lips, "Elves do not need as much rest, you are welcome to rest yourself, I can keep watch."

Bofur smiled at her, firmly patting her shoulder, "I appreciate the offer, though I can not sleep in this place. It feels ill."

"Aye," she muttered, glancing around in the darkness, "I am glad I am not the only one to feel it."

The two fell into a comfortable silence, until a small figure attempted to sneak past them.

"Where do you think you're going," Bofur whispered after Bilbo, who awkwardly stopped before turning to face the Dwarf.

"Back to Rivendell," he answered, Mylaela letting out an understanding sigh.

"No, no," Bofur stood up, walking up to the Hobbit, "You can't turn back now, eh? You're part of the company. You're one of us."

"I'm not though, am I?" Mylaela stood up to join the conversation, walking towards Bilbo, "Thorin said I should never have come, and he was right. I'm not a Took, I'm a Baggins."

"Bilbo," Mylaela crouched down slightly to lay a hand on his arm, "Do not let what Thorin said run you off. You belong with this company."

"No, he was right, I don't know what I was thinking," he argued, "I should never run out my door."

"You're homesick," Bofur told him, attempting to persuade the Hobbit, "I understand."

"No, you don't!" Bilbo raised his voice slightly, "You don't understand! None of you do! You're Dwarves and a vagabond! You're used to this life. To living on the road, never settling in one place, never belonging anywhere!"

Mylaela dropped her hand, standing up straight as both her and Bofur wore insulted expressions. Bilbo immediately regretted what he had said, "Oh, I am sorry. I didn't-"

Bilbo scrunched his face up, unable to come up with a response. Mylaela's gaze fell to the floor, he was right, she had no home.

Doriath had fallen, as did the majority of her kin. Before Gandalf approached her she was traveling Middle Earth, completing random quests as she chased after her father's necklace that was long lost.

Mylaela continued to stare at the floor as she furrowed her eyebrows, the faint sound of what seemed to be gears churning could be heard.

"No, you're right," Bofur agreed, "We don't belong anywhere. I wish you all the luck in the world. I really do."

"What's that?" Bofur asked as Bilbo began to walk away, his blade glowing blue.

"Up!" Mylaela shouted in worry, "Everyone get up!"

The ground beneath them began to give out, everyone falling into the mountain. Mylaela cursed to herself, she never should have let them stay there. Not that Thorin would have taken her advice.

They went down a rocky structure similar to a slide, before landing harshly on a wooden platform.

"Look out!" The Dwarves shouted as a large group of Goblins ran towards them. Out of all foul creatures roaming Middle Earth, Goblins were one of the Elf's least favorite. Something about their putrid odor and unsettling appearance truly bothered her.

"Goblins?" Mylaela cursed, unsheathing her blade, "Why does it have to be Goblins?"

Jumping in front of the company, who all still laid on the ground recovering from the fall. She slashed at the Goblins which approached her, many being thrown over the edge of the bridge with a screech.

"Take her down!" One of the Goblins shouted, a group of them tackling her to the ground. Mylaela let out a grunt as they took her blade before roughly pulling her off the ground. Mylaela fought back as they pulled her and the rest of the company down the path.

A large, repulsive looking Goblin sat upon a throne, crushing Goblins under his feet as he used them as a step to get off.

"Who would be so bold as to come armed into my kingdom? Spies? Thieves? Assassins?" He questioned, a smaller Goblin turning to face him, "Dwarves, your malevolence."

"Dwarves?" He growled out, a foul odor radiating off of him.

"We found them on the front porch," he pointed back to the company, "Along with a She-Elf."

"Well, don't just stand there! Search them! Every crack! Every crevice!"

Mylaela attempted to fight off the Goblins as they began to search her harshly, pulling clothes away from her body.

"Leave her alone!" Fili shouted in disapproval, "She has no weapons!"

The Goblins refused to listen, and did pull out a surprising number of hidden daggers before the Goblin who seemed to be their King began speaking once more, "What are you doing in these parts? Speak!"

Mylaela turned to look at Thorin, wondering if he would choose to stay silent or not. Without receiving an answer, the King shouted once more, "Very well. If they will not talk, we'll make them squawk! Bring up the mangler! Bring up the bonebreaker! Start with the youngest."

Mylaela was about to speak up as he pointed to Ori, until Thorin revealed himself, "Wait!"

"Well, well, well," the Goblin King chuckled, "Look who it is. Thorin, son of Thrain, son of Thror, King under the mountain! Oh, but I'm forgetting, you don't have a mountain. And you're not a King, which makes you nobody, really. I know someone who would pay a pretty price for your head. Just a head. Nothing attached. Perhaps you know of whom I speak. An old enemy of yours. A pale Orc, astride a white warg."

"Azog the Defiler was destroyed," Thorin growled out, "He was slain in battle long ago."

"So you think his defiling days are done, do you?" He laughed, turning to a small deformed Goblin sitting on a pulley system, "Send word to the pale Orc. Tell him I have found his prize."

"Bring forth the She-Elf!" He called out, Mylaela being shoved forward. Thorin looked over at her in slight worry, being pulled back by a Goblin.

"What is a She-Elf doing with a group of Dwarves," he questioned sickeningly, "I could only think of one reason."

"You filth!" Kili shouted, fighting against the Goblins. Mylaela held a hand up to signal him to relax, "I am their guide, as well as a warrior."

"Who exactly may you be?" He breathed into her face, a gag coming from her mouth.

"She is Lady Mylaela, daughter of King Thingol!" Bofur piped up, the Goblin King standing up in shock, "You're the daughter of the maiar?"

"What business is it of yours?" She seethed.

"Kill her first, she may have tricks up her sleeve," he ordered, pausing for a moment, reaching for something behind him, "Actually, why don't we finish her before she gets the chance!"

He swung at her with a large blade, her hands coming to block herself. A series of gasps rang through the cavern as his blade was suddenly stopped, sending him stumbling back from the force.

Mylaela stood there, a shield of a faint glow protecting her from his attack. The Dwarves shared looks amongst themselves, not understanding exactly what was happening.

Mylaela dropped the force field, stumbling back slightly.

"Tie her up!" The Goblin King shouted in fear, a group of Goblin's overpowering Mylaela before tying her up.