𝐗𝐗𝐈 . 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐥

Mylaela stood upon the gate with the rest of the company as the Elvish army marched forward. Thorin released an arrow, bouncing off of the ground before Thranduil's Elk's hooves, "I will put the next one between your eyes."

The Dwarves began cheering, until the Elves readied their bows, and the company hid beneath the stone. All aside from Mylaela, who stood strong, knowing they would not release any arrows yet.

Thranduil raised his hands, the archers returning to their former positions, "We have come to tell you payment of your debt has been offered and accepted."

"What payment? I gave you nothing. You have nothing." Thorin testified, refusing to lower his bow.

Bard reached into his jacket, pulling out a glowing stone, "We have this."

Mylaela looked at Bilbo out of the corner of her eye. She could only hope Thorin would not find out the Hobbit had given them the Arkenstone.

"They have the Arkenstone," Kili muttered in disbelief, barely believing his eyes, "Thieves! How came you by the heirloom of our house? That stone belongs to the King."

"And he may have it, with our good will," Bard confirmed, tossing it into the air before placing the stone back into his jacket, "But first, he must honor his word."

"They are taking us for fools. This is a ruse. A filthy lie," Thorin whispered to the company before raising his voice, "The Arkenstone is in this mountain! It is a trick!"

"Uh," Bilbo spoke up, Mylaela closing her eyes in fear, "It, it's no trick. The stone is real. I gave it to them."

Thorin turned to face him painfully slow, his face flushed red with anger, "You?"

"I took it as my 14th share."

"You would steal from me?" He breathed out, Mylaela positioning herself next to Bilbo.

"Steal from you? No," Bilbo smiled, only making the situation worse, "No, I may be a burglar, but I like to think I'm an honest one. I'm willing to let it stand against my claim."

"Against your claim?" Thorin challenged, smirking sadistically, "Your claim. You have no claim over me, you miserable rat!"

"I was going to give it to you. Many times, I wanted to, but–" Bilbo began to plead his argument, "But what, thief?"

"You are changed, Thorin," Bilbo affirmed, "The Dwarf I met in Bag End would never have gone back on his word. Would never have doubted the loyalty of his kin!"

"Do not speak to me of loyalty," Thorin spat, tears of betrayal pooling in the corner of his eyes, "Throw him from the rampart!"

The company refused to do as he said, all looking in any direction but towards their King. Thorin turned to Fili, roughly grabbing his arm, "Did you not hear me!"

"Release him," Mylaela ordered, holding a dagger to his throat. Thorin laughed wickedly, staring her in the eyes, "Bold move, but you don't have the stomach."

"Do I?" Mylaela challenged, "You do not know the lengths I would go to protect someone I care about."

"Even killing the one you love?" Thorin rebutted, grabbing her wrist tightly, "You are not the one I love. You are foul, Thorin. This is not you, and you know it."

Mylaela dropped her dagger with a warning glare, Thorin's eyes once again fixating on Bilbo, "I will do it myself!"

The company leaped into action to prevent Bilbo from being thrown off, grabbing anywhere they could, "Curse you! Cursed be the Wizard that forced you on this company!"

"If you don't like my burglar," Gandalf projected his voice, "Then please don't damage him. Return him to me. You're not making a very splendid figure as King under the mountain, are you, Thorin, son of Thrain?"

Thorin released Bilbo, allowing him to scamper off to the rope, climbing down from the gate.

"Never again will I have dealings with Wizards... or shire rats!" Thorin spat.

"Are we resolved? The return of the Arkenstone for what was promised?" Bard proposed, Thorin staring off into the distance before pacing along the gate, "Why should I buy back that which is rightfully mine?"

"Keep the stone," Thranduil suggested to Bard, taunting Thorin, "Sell it. Ecthelion of Gondor will give you a good price for it."

"I will kill you! Upon my oath, I will kill you all!" Thorin threatened.

"Your oath means nothing," Thranduil snapped, "I've heard enough."

The archers once again prepared their bows, this time, Mylaela was much more afraid of the threat.

"Thorin, lay down your arms," Gandalf begged, "Open these doors. This treasure will be your death."

"Thorin," Balin pleaded, "We cannot win this fight."

Bard spoke up once more, giving Thorin one last ultimatum, "Give us your answer. Will you have peace... or war?"

"Thorin," Mylaela muttered, "If you are still in there, please, do not do this."

A raven landed on the gate before Thorin, "I will have war."

"No," Mylaela sighed, grabbing her bow to prepare to fight.

Just over the hill, another army began marching up. Mylaela squinted to see better, realizing why Thorin had chosen war. His kin had come to help in the battle.

"Ay! Thorin!" The leader of the army shouting, the Dwarves of Erebor celebrating his arrival.

"Good morning," he greeted, approaching the Elvish army on top of his board, "How are we all? I have a wee proposition, if you wouldn't mind giving me a few moments of your time. Would ya consider... just sodding off! All of you! Right now!"

Mylaela rubbed her head as the two went back and forth, her anxiety bubbling as the fight began. The Elvish army sent forward a fleet of arrows, in return the Dwarves sent forward what seemed to be harpoons with chains spinning off of them. The Dwarvish weapon shattered the arrows in the air, making contact with the Elvish army, knocking many of them down.

Mylaela furrowed her brows as the Elves were taken down, although they were the opposing army, the sight of Elves being murdered hurt no less.

"Hey! How do you like that, the old twirly-whirlys? Ha ha, you buggers!" Ironfoot taunted the Elvish King.

Once again, the Elves sent a fleet of arrows, receiving the same fate as before. She grimaced as the goats Ironfoot had sent forward reached the Elvish army, war fully breaking out.

A deep rumbling brought everyone's attention to the mountains, rather than the battle. Giant were-worms began to emerge from the group, withering back to where they came, leaving large chasms in their place.

Orc armies began flooding from the holes, the Dwarves wasting no time to charge at the newfound enemy. Although, the Elves remained still.

"I'm going over the wall," Fili announced, "Who's coming with me?"

"Stand down," Thorin commanded, earning shocked responses from his company.

"Are we to do nothing?"

"I said, stand down!" Thorin reiterated once more. Mylaela had enough, approaching the rope on the wall.

"I am joining the battle, with or without you," she announced, climbing over the edge.

"You dare to disobey your King?" He shouted at her, a stoic expression remaining on her face, "You... are not my King."