[FLUFF] ~ [Choosing A Husband: Karaku x Demon!Reader]

Requested by Doumaswhore

Hope you enjoy~

❉ ╧╧╧╧ ✿ ╧╧╧╧ ❉

❗️ Spoilers for Demon Slayer❗️

⚠️ Blood/gore, swearing ⚠️

[Normal AU]

You sat between Nakime and your father as he summoned the Upper Ranks to a meeting. You are told that there were six ranks... So why are there seven of them?

"As you all know, my daughter means the world to me. I only want what's best for her and her health. But in recent days, she has been feeling quite lonely and she has asked if I could provide one of you seven as her significant other." You stand up and your father pats your head. "I agreed to her terms but thought it would be fair if she chose instead of myself. I am leaving it up to her and Nakime to decide. And if any of you hurt her physically or emotionally, I'll kill you... Is that understand?"

"Yes Lord Muzan!" They all reply, and your father turns to you again.

"Have Nakime summon me when you have decided." He says and you nod. Your father disappears and you look down at the ranks, who are all still bowing. You scoff as you look down at them.

"These are the Upper Ranks my father talks about so much? They don't seem so tough." The one thats third from the right flinches slightly and you catch this. You turn to Nakime, holding a hand in front of your mouth as you whisper to her. "And why are half of them shirtless?" Your cheeks turn a light pink as stare down at them. "I mean, look at them! Practically naked. Shirtless. Naked, but you have no lower half. Clothed. Shirtless. Clothed and clothed." You cross your arms, shaking your head. "I'm honestly disappointed, Nakime."

"Ms. (Y/N)... They all have great potential..." You hum as you suddenly appear in front of ranks. You walk up to the one on the far left with long white hair.

"State your name and rank." The person sits up and looks at you.

"My name is Daki! And I-"

"You're a girl?!" You turn to Nakime.

"W-Wait! I'm... I-I'm Upper 6!"

"Don't even try, Daki. I know your only trying so hard so that you can get closer to my father." Her cheeks turn pink, and she looks back down at the ground. "You are dismissed, Daki."

"Wait!—"

*Bing*

"I never told her to sit up..." You look down at the line of ranks in front of you and you walk down a little way, going in front of the one with a pot. "State your name and rank."

"Greetings Lord (Y/N)! I am Upper Rank 5. It is an honor to meet you!" You look him up and down.

"You are dismissed, Gyokko."

"What? If I may ask, why?"

"Well, if I'm being honest... Your creepy, ugly and you also have no lower half."

*Bing*

You facepalm as you look down at them. "Stand up." They all stand up and pull out some kunai from your kimono, wanting to keep track of each person. You hand one to the Upper Rank 6, then you hand one to Rank 3, then 2 then 1, before coming back to what is assumed to be Rank 4. Your scoff at his appearance. "Do you always look like that?" The male begins crying and before he can answer, another one of the ranks answers.

"Cut off his head."

"Hm?" You jerk your head in the direction of the voice and no one says anything— At least, out loud.