The Palace of Love and Joy

"Welcome to your new home," Oberyn spoke to Joanna. Together they stood on the deck of the ship watching the approaching Sunspear in the distance. Joanna leaned forward, wanting to have a better view of the city that was to become her new home.

Oberyn was leaning against the side of the ship, watching Joanna with a smile on his face. He saw a hint of a smile on her face that was spreading more and more across her face, and that honestly made him happy. He didn't expect a similar reaction from her, although he could imagine that she must have really missed her home.

Joanna turned to Oberyn and raised an eyebrow. "You didn't tell me it looks so beautiful from afar!"

Oberyn laughed and his eyes fell on the sprawling city in front of them. "Well... yes, I told you so. And wait until you experience it yourself and see everything up close. It is much nicer, and beautiful, too."

"I'd like to see it all, preferably as soon as we dock at the port," Joanna spoke of sheer joy and anticipation. He reached out his hand to Joanna and lightly stroked her chin.

"You will see everything, do not be afraid of anything. I, myself, will make sure that you experience every single piece of Sunspear so that nothing is missed, and nothing is shrouded in mystery. But first, you need to rest, you are pale, and I do not want you to pass out again like you did in King's Landing not long ago." Worries. The worries spoke for Oberyn. He was worried about both - her and the child. Who knows what could happen to the child under her heart if she were to faint one more time.

"I feel good, I don't feel like I'm going to faint." Joanna shook her head, glanced at Oberyn, and turned her attention back to the city in the distance. Sparks of joy danced in her eyes. She wanted to stand on solid ground and not be constantly on a boat. And honestly? She really couldn't wait any longer. Her stomach was constantly upset from the rocking from side to side, and she just didn't feel good.

And when their ship finally anchored in the harbor after several days, and Joanna felt the desired solid ground under her feet, she breathed a sigh of relief. She squeezed Oberyn's shoulder tightly and began to turn her head from one side to the other in a moment, at least looking at the harbor. Dornishmen were running everywhere, shouting orders over each other. And finally, among them, she noticed Oberyn's brother, her brother-in-law - Doran Martell, the Prince of Dorne and the head of the Martell family.

Joanna bowed to him out of courtesy and smiled at him. She had liked Oberyn's brother ever since she first saw him. And above all, something emanated from him that was incredibly soothing to her. It caressed the soul.

"My brother," Oberyn spoke, bowing his head in greeting. Joanna glanced at her husband out of the corner of her eye and snuggled closer to him. Not because she was afraid or ashamed... she simply wanted to be closer to him, near him, to feel the warmth radiating from his body.

"How was the journey? All right? Any inconvenience? Feel free to tell me everything on the way, I will take you to one place that you consider as a wedding gift from me to you." A wide smile spread across Doran's face as he began to talk about his gift.

Joanna noticed Oberyn raise an eyebrow and look away. "It will definitely be one of the palaces that you do not live in. Am I right?"

"And is there anything wrong with that? I think it's a nice gesture. Thank you very much, Doran." Joanna also got involved. She even winked at Doran and stroked Oberyn's forearm.

"It is a little thing. Plus, you two need your privacy. At least from what I have heard, you cannot get away from each other," a sly smile appeared on the prince's face. Joanna felt her cheeks flush, and Oberyn just shook his head in disapproval. However, he could not refuse a gift from his brother, he could not do it, and so all three of them went in a carriage to one of the palaces that belonged to Prince Doran Martell.