thirty five

Walking through the doors, Kitra entered the briefing room. The girl quietly moved as Mon Mothma spoke, in an attempt to not distract from what was being said. She leaned against one of the neon maps, as the dark room lit up her shadowed presence. Kitra turned her attention towards the woman who spoke.

In front of her stood Cassian, who felt a presence arrive within the room from behind him. He didn't need to guess who it was, he just knew. Glancing over his shoulder, Cassian looked back at Kitra, who concentrated on Mothma. The girl quickly sensed that she was being looked at, and met Cassian's gaze.

The Captain sent Kitra an acknowledging glance before focusing his attention back onto the meeting. Kitra crossed her arms over her chest as she did the same, as she tried to ignore the heat that rose to her cheeks.

From across the room, Organa smiled as he looked between the two. The Senator observed the girl that he treated like his own daughter, and smiled. He knew.

"We need to go to the Christoph sector. Time is running out. We cannot let them get away with the plans." Cassian spoke with desperation, as his aggravation prodded his voice. Kitra knew that he was impatient and wanted to go there to retrieve further information on a new type of cruiser, that had been known to fly within that sector. Kitra could not blame Cassian.

Draven shook his head, "No. We're not ready yet. You will go to Mokivj, to an old factory. There's been reports of suspicious activity. We need you to check it out." Draven suggested. Kitra could sense Cassian's irritation grow. Mothma observed the irritated Captain and sighed. "We only have a small team available. You will have to wait if you wish to have a larger squad." Mon Mothma rationalized.

Kitra noticed Cassian's shoulders tense. "We will work with whatever team is available to us." Kitra spoke up, in an attempt to finalize a plan. Cassian glanced back at Kitra and sent the girl an unreadable look; before he looked back at Mon Mothma and sent the woman a gentle nod.

"We are assigning you a team now. You will meet them at these coordinates on Mokivj. You have a tough mission ahead; be careful and look out for each other. Good luck." Mon Mothma wished, earning a glance from Cassian as he walked out of the room.

Kitra met Mon Mothma's gentle gaze and sent her an appreciative smile. "May the Force be with you." Another voice called out, making Kitra glance towards Hera, who looked at her with a proud smile. Kitra met Hera's gaze and sent her a small nod before she turned on her heel and followed after Cassian.

Catching up with the pilot, Kitra instantly sensed his worry and aggravation as he walked towards the U-Wing. The man scrolled through a data pad as he quickly took in the information needed for the trip. "I hope we're stuck with a good team." Cassian spoke, his aggravation apparent in his voice.

Kitra rolled her eyes at the pessimist's negativity. "We will have to make do with whatever we get." Kitra advised as they both stepped aboard the U-Wing. Kitra met K-2's gaze, who pointed at Cassian, Kitra responded with a shrug. K-2 let out a sigh before he retreated to his pilot seat, wanting to avoid the grumpy man.

Cassian put down the data pad and looked towards Kitra, before he glanced towards K-2. "I would prefer it if it were just us three." Cassian admitted, as he checked over various equipment in the cabin of the ship. Kitra observed the confusing man, "To infiltrate a star destroyer? Cass, we will need more than three people." Kitra advised, trying to push down her realization of using a nickname for the man.

Cassian quickly noticed, as he acknowledged the giddiness within him. Pushing those feelings to the side, Cassian looked at Kitra. He observed the girl, from her many battle scars to the multiple weapons and devices that were attached to her body. "Not when I have you. You're a Jedi, you could total an entire battalion. You are powerful. And, I can always outsmart their men with my sniping. We can easily do it." Cassian spoke.