Black out part 2

AN: Let me just say a thing: SPEAK NOW IS COMING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I SCREAM UNTIL I ALMOST LOSE MY VOICE WHATCHING THE LIVESTREAM OMG I'M SOOOO EXCITED
OKAY, NOW LETS GO TO MY FAVORITE CHAPTER OF THIS START OF STORIE.

Heartbeat chapter 12- Black out part 2

Joe's POV

I'm a fucking mess today. 

Since that damned dream I can't stop thinking about kissing Taylor. Of course I had other dreams with her that I'm not even going to mention but it's been difficult  for the last 36 hours. I'm distracted as hell, I burned my hand earlier trying to make some coffee and I already lost 3 times trying to find the Pediatric floor. 

Finally I'm on right track but I'm late, and being late for the first meeting with the new attendant is a fucking huge mistake. He or she is going to hate me. 

Finally I see a red-haired woman at the pediatric nurse station with a serious face. 

– Dr Sander ?– I ask cautiously. 

– Ah, finally, Mr Thompson. Do you need a map from the hospital? I can get you one.

– Sorry, I got lost 3 times, but here I am to learn with you.

– Excellent. First you need to learn that punctuality is one of my rules, memorize. The other rules are: Number 2: you don't need to like children but you have to treat them with kindness and smiles, they are scared enough to deal with scary doctor faces. Number 3: Children aren't miniatures from adults. Their bodies work completely differently from adults, that's why there's a different surgical specialty. Now we are done with rules, let's meet a young man very curious about how his hernia repair works, and I'll be asking you some questions and see what else you need to learn. 

After an extensive questionnaire she allows me to examine the boy and do his pre-op exams. 

– Okay, buddy, so I'm going to need to disturb you for a minute. 

The green-eyed boy looked at me interested and nod.

– It's going to hurt?

– Just for 2 seconds when I put the needle. After 2 seconds your blood will be in this tube and you won't feel anything. 

He nods and I smile at him, playing with his hair before putting on a torniquetti. 

– Okay buddy, now I need you don't move your arm, even when it starts to hurt. 

The boy nods and I look at his mom:

– You have a brave boy. 

– Yes, and I'm proud of him. 

I take his blood and urine samples to the lab without complications, and I'm about to go back to the Peds floor when something distracts me. 

My cell phone beeps and I see it's Jack. 

Dude, are you ok? You seemed distracted earlier.

Yeah I am and it's your fault, you bastard

I can't stop having a dream where I kiss Taylor, so I'm avoiding her 

l can't fall in love with her. 

This is just my mind playing games with me because of your insistence. 

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAJHSHAHHS

YOU HAVE TO TELL HER, RIGHT NOW!!! 

Who knows she likes you too…

F* you