Painful wait

Heartbeat chapter 39- Painful wait

Ryan's POV

Fuck no.

My palms start to sweat and tremble, and I try to take my tie off, but I can't, and I feel suffocating, so she takes off my tie and opens a few buttons of my heart before hugging me and rocking me while I try to take deep breaths.

– How bad is it? Did they take him to reperfusion?

– How much detail do you want to know?

– Everything you know so far.– I get up and start to get my luggage ready while she tells me everything. My heart sinks and I feel like someone stabbed me on the back with a knife.

I hold back my tears because I can't be sentimental right now, I need to keep my focus on getting there as soon as possible and support mom.

Blake does my check out in reception while I call the taxi and call mom.

– Mom, Blake just told me. How is he?

– Still sedated. The doctors are running more tests before taking him to the surgery in a couple of hours. Are you in the hotel?

– Yes, leaving now to the airport. Blake is making my checkout because I can't handle any of this shit right now. Blake said there's a flight leaving in one and a half hour, we are trying to take this one.

– Okay, honey, don't worry. Waiting and praying is ALL we can do right now.

– Are any of my siblings there already?

– No, I text all of them but they are going to try to be here tomorrow.

– Okay, I will be with you soon. Love you mom.

Blake's POV

We are on the plane, heading to Toronto, and I'm dead worried about Ryan. He's absolutely quiet. He barely spoke with me at the airport while we were waiting for the plane to depart.
The plane has wi-fi so at least I can text the guys updating them.

The greatest five group chat

He knows I'm here to support him, but he's being stubborn, not talking at all
This isn't going to last, he's going to break down sooner or later

Taylor: This sucks, life sometimes chooses the worst time possible to throw things at us.

Selena: Try to distract him talking about his test.

Joe: Selena is right, @Blake. He needs some space but that doesn't mean you can't distract him.

Jack: he's probably going crazy with a mix of feelings and memories with his father. That's enough to mute everyone.

I just wish nothing had happened.

I don't know how to comfort him, because if It was my dad I would be unconsolable.

But you are right, Sel, I'm going to try to talk about his test to distract him. He was all excited telling me about how he was confident when I had to break the news, so I think it can take his mind off his dad for a bit.

Thank God we are just one hour away now.

Joe: Did they take him to the OR already?

No, but it will be anytime, his mom is going to text me.

Jack: Fingers crossed for him.