Past ghosts

Heartbeat chapter 33- Past ghosts

April 5th.

Stranger POV

- What do you mean by NO?

- I mean exactly what you know It meant. No cocaine for you, motherfucker. And you have 48 hours to pay me or you'll become food for Dex.- he pointed to his Pitbull and I gulped down.

- Come on, Flint. We are friends!

- Don't worry, you are not the first friend I sent to hell for not paying me.

- It's 5.000 dollars, I don't have this money! I already gave you my computer, my iPad and my phone, my smart watch...

- If you smell more than you can pay for, it's not my problem. 48 hours. You were warned.

He closes the door on my nose and I take a deep breath. Fuck, I'm screwed.

I didn't want things to get to this point, but once they did there's only one person that could ever help me.
Time to travel to Boston.

Ryan's POV

6 am in the morning. I spent the night in plastic surgery. Actually not purely plastics. The man was shot in the face and destroyed his right cheeks so we were needed to help reconstruct his face with a graft.

I look at my phone and see the last message from my interns is a picture of them studying in my living room. I lent the keys to Blake since they wanted to use some of my books and residence files. They are studying hard for the intern test and I'm proud of them.

Morning guys. How was the study session last night?

It's been hours since the picture and Blake hasn't messaged me at all, so I'm calling her to let her know I'm on my way home.

Hmm, she must be sleeping, because she didn't answer me. It 's okay. I will go to her apartment later, but right now I need to take a nap.

I use my last piece of energy to safely drive home.
When I open the door, however, my living room is flooded with books, paper, pens and 5 adults sleeping like babies.

I don't know If I get mad or start to laugh. I took some pictures to tease them later and go wake Blake.

- Babe, wake up.

- Hmmm, it's early...

I bite my lips to keep from laughing. I already know how to wake her in a second.

- You are sleeping in a pool of Phil's urine.

- What?!- she gets up screaming and then everyone wakes up, confused.

- Fuck, Ryan! That was mean!- she slaps me and I laugh out loud.

- Hey guys, good morning. Seems like the night was productive.

- Oh my.. we slept in his living room- Selena mumbled, still with eyes closed.

- Sorry, Ryan, we didn't mean to do it. - Taylor explains, red as hell, while Jack and Joe are just half-sleep.

- Don't worry, guys, you are exhausted. Go home to sleep, I'll be doing the same. You are not studying today, okay? Take the day off since you don't have turns today.

They nod and Blake gets up with them and I can't help but laugh seeing her walking around half asleep.

- What are you doing, love? You can stay here.

- I need to do laundry.

- We will go there later and I will help you, now you are going to bed with me.