Sweet temptation

Heartbeat chapter 31– Sweet temptation 

Selena's POV 

– Hi, Sel. I couldn't not give you flowers on valentine's day. After all, I came here today, all dressed, to ask you if you want to be my valentine. – He hands me the flowers and I stay speechless.

– Any chance you say yes to this poor man who just wants to get to know the amazing woman you are? 

I open a huge smile and my eyes start to get teary. 

– Oh my God, Josh. Yes, of course!– I say and pull him into a kiss. 

We catch a breath and I push him to my living room, closing the door before my gossip neighbors see us and start to ask questions. 

– Damn, that was cliche.– He chuckles and I can see he's turning red. 

– It was, but that doesn't mean that wasn't awesome.– I take a deep breath and put the flowers on a vase.

– I know it was impulsive from me but I felt that you wanted more too and took the risk. 

– I'm glad that you did. I always wanted but was too afraid to suggest since you told me in New York you weren't ready. 

– Yeah, but you bewitched me.– He said, rolling his eyes. 

We both laugh and I sit in his lap, running my fingers through his hair. He evolves his arms around my waist and kisses my cheeks. 

– Where are we going?– I ask, before he distracts me with more kisses. 

– There's a club giving a special rock concert for couples and food there is amazing. 

– Wow, this sounds fun. I'm going to grab my purse. 

I go to my bedroom, with butterflies in my stomach. It's been forever since I last dated someone and I really don't want to remember this person, so Josh is like my first real boyfriend in ten years. I'm scared and excited at the same time. Of course we were having sex already but damn… Josh is a man that deserves to be fully loved and I'm excited to give it to him. He and Joe don't deserve those shit parents. 

After pee and reapplying my lipstick I take my purse and go after Josh, finding him walking in circles. I can see he's as anxious as I am. 

– We can go now.– I say, biting my lips. 

– Okay, gorgeous. – He takes my hands, kissing its back. 

I smile like an idiot, because I wasn't this well treated for none of my exes. Actually they usually were more interested in sex. There wasn't much care. 

– You are even more gorgeous when you are blushing like now. 

– I'm not…– I look down, embarrassed. 

– Yes you are. And it 's cute.– he lifts up my chin and kiss the tip of my nose, making me smile. 

– It's just there's a long time since I last dated someone this careful and kind. 

Josh let out a sigh and trace his fingers on my cheeks, looking deep on my eyes:

– So you haven't been dating nice guys then. 

– Not at all. I'm not proud of several of my past choices. – I look at the floor because bad memories are flooding my mind, but he gets up my chin. 

– It's okay, we all have regrets. Let's forget everything about the past, what do you think?

– I think you are correct. – I  give him a shy smile and peck his lips before heading to the elevator with our hands tied.