Ryan's Clinic sessions

Heartbeats chapter 8– Ryan's Clinic Sessions  

Taylor's POV

Exactly two months since we started our internship. Life has never been so exciting before. Of course I'm exhausted, and upset that I got to spend so little time with Benji, but I'm really happy. Even though I'm just an intern I'm learning a lot and have 4 friends. Yes, Joe and I are starting to get along after what we did this week. We are better at acting together than being apart, and yesterday all 5 of us sat in the library and studied so as not to embarrass our resident today. Of course our meeting at his house today is not a test, but we sat and made sure that we learned something those couple months. 

– Benji, mom is going out, but I'll be here at night, okay? Make yourself comfortable.
I put your food in the bowl and some cat biscuits in the other bowl. And two bowls of water.
– And please use your stretcher instead of my sofa. Thank you very much, love you. 

I rub his belly for a couple minutes when I hear the doorbell.

– Now I really have to go, benji. – I kissed him and opened the door for Joe. We figure out that since we live next to each other just one should drive. 

– Hi, are you ready to Go? – He asks sympathetically. 

– Yeah, I was just saying goodbye to my baby. – I say and point to Benji, who's licking himself. 

Joe chuckles.

– Cute.

I close the door behind me and follow him to his car. 

– I don't know If you know but I have a dog, Spark. – He tells me as we enter his car.

– I heard you complaining about his mess with Jack the other day. 

We laugh and I can't help but blush when they turn his eyes to me quickly before turning his eyes back to the road. 

On our way there, we pass through a fast motorcycle that starts to follow us. That's when I realize it's Selena. 

– Damn, she's fast like a man!– Joe comments and I roll my eyes at the implicit misogyny in It. 

– Woman can pilot fast, Mr misogynist. We can do whatever the hell we want, you should know that at this point.– I say in a serious tone. 

Joe sighs. 

– That's not what I meant, you know that. It's just the way we, men, are created. It's not common to see a girl piloting motos, planes, and doing dangerous sports. 

– Yeah, but this is starting to change. From now on will be more common, so please start to educate yourself to toss out your misogynism. 

– I'll get better, I promise, okay? 

– Excellent.– I say and chuckle. 

In a few more minutes we arrive at a huge house in a gated community. We get out the car and I go hug Selena. 

– Hey guys! 

– Hey, pilot!– Joe greet her with a slap on her shoulders.– I should confess I'm impressed with your abilities in a motorcycle. 

We laugh. 

– Well, it's been years of practice. 

– Any news from Blake and Jack?– I ask her. 

– Jack texted me. He's late, but in the way already.– Joe answers me after checking on his phone. 

– Oh, look, Blake is here.– Sel points to a silver car parking a few meters away from us.