I was made for you

Heartbeat chapter 22- I was made for you. 

Blake's POV

– Honey, breakfast is ready!– Mom yells after knocking my door, waking me up from a great dream. 

– I'm on my way!– I answer her, putting on my ugly Christmas sweater over my PJs and checking my hair in the mirror. 

I'm all smitten these days and I barely can hide it from anyone. Of course mom noticed this right away when I got home yesterday but of course I'm avoiding the conversation with her, because I'm kind of worried about her reaction. 

I take my phone and go downstairs, sitting at the kitchen where mom is waiting for me with my hot chocolate mug and open arms. 

We hug for a long and silent minute before I take my chocolate from her. 

– Thanks mom! 

– You are welcome, honey. Do you want pancakes or waffles? 

– Waffles today, please.  Where 's dad?

– He's cleaning some snow so we can turn on the car. 

She hands me a plate with waffles and I place strawberry jam all over it while talking to mom about nothing and everything. Then, when I'm almost done, my phone vibrates and I see it's Himmmm. 

I quickly read it before mom asks me anything:

Morning my sweet lady 

I hope you are having a great breakfast with your family this Christmas morning. 

I hope you enjoy your morning, and I have a surprise for you at noon. 

;)

Forgetting mom is watching every move of mine I laugh out loud seeing the "old school emoji". 

– I'm glad to know you are happy, Blake. My little girl is falling in love, uh?– she comments with a raised eyebrow. 

– Mom, stop, I'm not going to talk about it yet. 

– Babe, I won't judge you, whoever you choose to date, unless it's a bad man or an addict. 

I can't hold a smile. 

– He's a gentleman, mom. A few years older, also a surgeon. That's all I'm saying for now. 

Mom looks at me with a malicious look, she's reading me like an open book. It's amazing how much she can understand just watching me close. Is this a mom thing or is she special? 

– Well, you are an adult, so just be careful to not end up pregnant from someone you don't know really well. 

– Mom! – I protest and she chuckles before eating her breakfast like nothing had happened. 

Deciding to answer him after breakfast, when I can have enough privacy, I tell mom some things about the internship, my friends and confess to her that I'm going to spend my new years day with my boyfriend, even though I have no idea where we are going. 

– Are you coming with us, babe?– Mom asks once we finish washing the dishes. She's going to the airport to take my sister home.  

– No, mom, I have some calls to make. 

– Calls… yeah, okay, give him a merry Christmas for me. 

I blush hard but don't say anything. Instead I kiss her cheeks and go upstairs, closing the door. 

I decide to call him, and he answers in the first ring. 

– Hey, babe, merry Christmas!

– Merry Christmas, lady. How was the waffles with strawberry jam?