Part 30

"Hey... I'm sorry for... you know. THE HOOLIGANS and I messing around. Hurting BASIL. Hurting you." Aubrey said when KEL answered his door.

KEL didn't respond, but instead, hugged her tightly.

He had never held it against her, he always understood. AUBREY was having a hard time, they all were. AUBREY took out her hard time in a terrible way, it didn't excuse her actions, it didn't justify them, but rather explained them, and that was half as good.

"KEL?" AUBREY asked, looking up at him from under her perfect blue contacts.

"Why'd you change your eye color?" KEL asked, genuinely curious.

AUBREY bit her tongue, trying to decide how to reply.

"Brown is kind of like... childish? I had brown eyes, and was so sweet, you know? I was a little baby kid. And then MARI ended up in a coma... and I have to grow up at eleven... because mom was never... awake. So I became cool, independent, a girl boss, a hot girl, I became someone, I became a role model, I was so badass-"

KEL cut her off. "You still are all of those things."

AUBREY blushed. 

"And badass AUBREY, girl boss AUBREY, hot girl AUBREY, she had blue eyes, she had pink hair... MARI and I used to talk about how pretty we'd be with blue eyes, how if we could, we get it changed, matching sky blue eyes, magical teal blue eyes, mysterious deep blue eyes, perfect blue eyes. I saw an ad one day, that I could get contacts to fix them... and I did. Who wouldn't?"

"You look beautiful either way." KEL told her, smiling.

She smiled too. 

"Hehe, are you flirting with me?" She teased, giving him a playful punch.

For AUBREY's health, KEL didn't punch back.

"Nah, I have higher standards. I don't date 'girl bosses', much less ones who admit it." KEL replied, mocking people who just want women to be submissive toys. (andrew tate O-o)

"HEY!" She started, before remembering a very important fact. "You dumbass, you're aroace, you don't date much of anyone!"

"Ayyy, it's been like 5 years, you remembered." KEL said, seeming proud of his friend.

"Of course I remembered something that I could make fun of you for." 

Aubrey laughed.

She shouted playfully, "KEL GETS NO BITCHES!"

(368 words) (7 parts left) (maybe a bonus chapter?)

_________________________

Wholesome apology. 

You needed this.

You guys definitely need these next 6 episodes, they're very wholesome.