Chapter 8

I walked slowly to the door and opened it slightly. "Bro, I know you're angry, but come on. Don't do anything stupid."

"He fucking hurt her..." Brody hissed. "He could have seriously hurt her or worse..."

"I know..." Bailey said. "Let me ask you something, you finally told us what happened to you, but why did you do all that shit to Sky?"

"Because, I felt like if she hated me, she would stay far enough away so I wouldn't hurt her."

"You feared you'd be like your old man?" Bailey asked quietly.

Brody was silent for a long moment. "Because of the temper I have, yeah... I feared that and I don't want to be anything like him."

Bailey was quiet for a moment. "How do you really feel about Sky?"

"I love her, Bail..." Brody's voice cracked. He took a deep breath.

I slowly closed the door for a moment before I looked down. Did I hear that right? I stood there for a moment to collect my thoughts. I have to pretend I didn't hear their conversation. I took a deep breath and slowly opened the door. I stepped out slowly.

Brody shot up and was by my side quick. "What did the doctor say?"

"Lots of bruises, internally and externally. They told me to take pain medicine and just take it easy. I'm going to be sore for a while, but nothing is broken at all." I explained.

"Well, that's good." Bailey said. "Let's get you to Brody's so he can take you home."

I took a step and winced. Brody caught my arm gently. "Let me help you." Brody said softly. I nodded and Brody helped me to Bailey's truck. Brody helped me inside the truck and I buckled up. I sat quietly, looking at my hands for a while. "Are you ok?" Brody asked softly.

"Yeah, just in pain." I said softly.

"Did they give you anything before you left?" Brody asked.

"No, I didn't want to take anything." I said.

"I will give you some medicine when we get to my place." Brody said softly.

"Thank you." I said softly. Once we got to Brody's, he helped me out and we walked up the stairs to his part of the house. I stepped inside and slowly walked over to the counter to sit on the stool. Brody walked to one of his cabinets, grabbing a bottle of painkillers. He placed two in my hand then grabbed me a bottle of water. "Thank you." I said then took the medicine.

"You're welcome." Brody said softly. "Ready to go?"

I shook my head. "Not yet..." I said in pain.

Brody took a deep breath as he watched. "Sky, do you want to sleep in the guest room?"

I stared at him for a moment. "Y-You'd let me sleep here?" I asked.

"Yeah... I mean you're in a lot of pain and don't want to move around a lot. So, if you want to sleep in the guest room, you can."

"You don't mind?" I asked.

"I don't mind, Sky." Brody said softly.

I slowly looked down at the counter for a moment. "I-I would like to stay..."

Brody nodded. "Ok, stay right there and let me get the bed set up and get you some clothes to sleep in." He walked down the hallway. I sat quietly in his kitchen until he came back. He held me down the hallway to the guest room. I looked at the black t-shirt and sweatpants on the bed. "Uh... I can get one of my sisters if you need help changing."

"It's ok, I can do it." I assured him. "Thank you though." I sat on the bed.

"Alright... Uh, I will let you change." Brody said and walked out of the room. He closed the door behind him and I eased out of my shirt and managed to put his on. I took a deep breath as I slipped out of my pants and got his sweatpants on. I winced in pain as I sat on the bed.

Brody knocked softly. "Can I come in?"

"Yes." I said through the pain.

Brody opened the door and peeked his head in. He walked over to the bed and picked up my clothes. He sat them on the desk chair then looked at me. "Do you need anything?"

"I'm good, Brody. Thank you." I said softly as I laid back and pulled the cover over me.

"Alright. Goodnight, Sky." Brody said softly.

"Goodnight, Brody." I said softly. I watched him walk to the door and turn the light out. He walked down the hallway to his room and I watched as his light went out. I closed my eyes and drifted to sleep for a little bit until the flashback of what happened to me kept appearing in my mind. I eased myself up as I ran my hand through my hair.

I eased my legs up and hugged them as I cried silently. Or at least I tried to. I slowly eased out of bed and walked to the door. I peeked down the hallway towards Brody's room. I bit my bottom lip for a moment before slowly walking down the hallway towards his room.

I peeked in, hearing the steady breathing of Brody as he slept. I looked down for a moment before turning. I looked towards the guest room and an image of Ayden flashed in my mind causing me to flinch. I bit my lip to keep from crying out in pain. I turned back towards Brody's room. "B-Brody..." I said softly.

Brody jumped as he picked his head up quickly. "Sky?" He said half asleep.

"I-I didn't mean to wake you... I-I just can't sleep." I frowned.

Brody sat up as he faced the door. "Come here." He said softly. I hesitated for a moment before slowly walking into his room. "What's wrong, Sky?" Brody asked as I sat on the edge of his bed.

I took a deep breath as I looked down. "I-I can't get the images out of my head..." I felt the tears coming. "All I see is him hurting me..." I sniffed. "I'm sorry..."

"Sky, this isn't your fault." Brody said softly.

"If I stayed I wouldn't have gotten attacked..." I cried.

"Don't you dare blame yourself for this, Sky. You had no way of knowing what that bastard was going to do." Brody said. "I know you're probably scared, but I promise you, you are safe here. Nothing is going to happen to you." I nodded as I wiped my eyes. "Get up here." Brody said as he moved one of the pillows over.

I slowly looked at him. "W-What?"

"Come on, get up here." He said. I carefully eased all the way onto his bed and moved to the pillow he moved. "Go on, lay down." Brody said as he laid down. I slowly laid down, resting my head on the pillow. He covered me with the blanket and grabbed my hand, slipping his fingers through mine. "Try to get some sleep."