Chapter 23

"Sky!" Brody called. I slowly looked at him. "Can I give you a ride?"

"No." I buckled the helmet and got on the back of Hiro's bike. Once at school, I got off the bike and took the helmet off. "H-Hiro..."

His dark eyes met mine. "What's up, baby?" I looked down slightly. "I will be here when school gets out." He said softly. I met his eyes, and he smiled warmly at me. "Just try not to let him ruin your day."

I nodded and smiled a little. "I can't thank you enough, Hiro."

"You don't have to thank me. That's what friends are for, baby." He hugged me tightly. "Try to have a good day."

I hugged him back. "I will try." I said softly. I walked into the school and found Riley. "Hey.."

"Hey." She hugged me. "How are you?"

"I'm ok." I sighed.

"I saw you with Hiro again." She smiled.

"Yeah, he brought me to school." I nodded. "He's been a good friend."

"That's not a bad thing." Riley wrapped her arm around mine. "Maybe hanging out with Hiro is a blessing in disguise."

"How?" I asked.

"Well, if you get to know each other on a friend level, who's to say that it won't evolve into something more."

I looked down. "I don't know..."

"He's still calling you, babe, right?"

"And baby." I nodded.

"Then don't doubt it." Riley stepped in front of me. "He's clearly into you."

"Riley..."

"I'm not saying jump into Hiro's arms right this moment. I'm talking about getting to know him and see where it goes from there."

I gave a nod and walked down the hallway. "I told you he would hurt you." Ayden said softly.

I stopped and turned slightly. "Leave me alone."

"Look, I'm sorry I hurt you, I know I can never take that back, but Sky, I didn't lie to you when I told you that the quarterback would hurt you... He can't see a good thing when he has it. I'm sorry he hurt you, though." Ayden said, then walked away.

I huffed and looked at Riley. "I hate to say this, but he's... R-Right..." Riley placed her hand on her chest. "I feel sick..."

I giggled. "So dramatic."

Riley smiled. "Maybe, but that's the last time you'll hear me agree with that prick." We walked down the hall some more.

"Sky..." Brody walked to me. "Please... Can we talk?"

"What's there to say?" I huffed.

"I know you're hurt and pissed at me..."

"That's just it. I'm not pissed... I'm hurt, yes. I'm not surprised, though. I figured it was all too good to be true."