Chapter 3: Dinner

The party was 6 weeks ago already, Charles and Arthur have been calling me almost everyday to ask how I was feeling. I haven't heard anything from Pierre tho, I guess he couldn't get any tickets to a race for me.

Avery and I have been very busy with our careers, I had a few photoshoots in the beginning for all sorts of magazines but I decided yesterday to take a break from work. Avery only went to business meetings these weeks, but we both had nothing to do today and our plan was to watch Netflix all day long, but that changed the minute I got a text message from Pierre.

~~~

-FROM PIERRE
Isa, get Avery and start packing your suitcases. You two are coming to Silverstone this weekend!

-FROM ME
OH MY GOD. Pierre you're the best! Thank you so much, I can't wait! I really want to see Charles' reaction.

-FROM PIERRE
Yes same but I just know he's gonna be really happy to see you. Maybe we can catch up on some stuff while you're there this weekend?

-FROM ME
Yes of course, I'd like that. But we're gonna pack our suitcases now, see you tomorrow!

~~~

"Why are you smiling that much to your phone? You got yourself a man didn't you?"

"No I didn't get a man" I laugh, "but I did get us something else"

"I don't know what you got us but I'm scared, your fucking smiling from ear to ear" she says in a sarcastic tone.

"Well pack your suitcase, we're going to the British Grand Prix this weekend!"

Avery didn't say anything but she immediately jumped out of my bed and ran to her own room, every five minutes she came back into my room to ask what she had to bring with her and in the end she just packed her whole closet. I just packed some simple outfits and all my other necessities.

"Okay I'm done" she says after I've waited like half an hour.

"Is your plane ready yet?"

"No not yet but when we arrive at the place it should be"

"Alright let's go then" I say happily, I can't wait to see Charles and maybe meet some of the drivers. I heard a lot of stories about them from Charles en Pierre but I never met them, well I met Yuki 6 weeks ago at the party but that was just a little conversation.

•••

"Oh my god this hotel is amazing!" I say as we throw our suitcases on the king sized bed.

"I'm so happy I don't have any meetings this weekend, wait Isa didn't you have some shoots scheduled?"

"Yes I did but I canceled them all, I decided to take a break from my career for a while. At this moment I can't take in everything that has happened the past year" I sigh.

"Yeah I understand, I can't imagine what you must have been through. First your mom and then that stupid fucker, I hope we'll never have to see his face again" she says turning angry only by the thought of him.

"Av relax, you know we'll see him again because he's also a driver. But I'll be extra careful when I'm near him"

We talk for a while and then someone knocked on our hotel door, "that must be Pierre" I say while I stand up from the bed. As I opened the door Avery went to the bathroom, "hey Pierre, come on in. Thank you so much for this" I smile while I pull him in for a hug.

"Of course, sorry it took so long tho, there were literally no tickets left anywhere. Do you wanna go out for dinner, and maybe Avery too if she'd like?"

"Yes of course! I'll go and ask Avery" I walked towards the bathroom and knocked on the door before I open it, "hey Av! Do you want to have dinner with me and Pierre?"

"No I'll stay here, have a shower and watch some Netflix. Have fun tho!" She says while she grabs a towel. I walk out of the bathroom again and grab my bag, put my keys and phone in there and then Pierre an I leave the hotel. We walked through the city for a while and we're now in a small restaurant, in the half hour we are there, a few fans have already walked to Pierre and a few to me. They asked for a photo, autograph or what Pierre and I were doing together and what we were of each other. We just told them Pierre and I were good friends and I was here to surprise my brother, then they would leave.

"You always have so much fans coming to you?" I ask as I take a sip from my drink, "yeah, it's kinda part of being famous you know" he laughs.

"I know I know, but do you know that guy over there?"

"Which one?"

"The one with the brown curly hair" I point to the window, "wait.. that's Lando! He's one of the other drivers, you'll probably see him this weekend"

"He seems nice."

"He really is, I can introduce you guys to each other if you want?"

"Oh yes that would be great, but why's he looking at me?"

"I have no idea to be honest.. I know he's your type Isabella but he's waiting for some girl he met when he was younger, so don't try anything" he says looking at Lando too.

I think he saw us looking at him cause he turned around and left, Pierre and I finished our food and left the restaurant too. We walked to the hotel again where we were staying but had to be careful Charles wasn't there, otherwise it's not a surprise anymore I'm here.

"See you tomorrow at the grid" I say while I open the door of my room, "see you".

Avery was asleep so I quietly walked to the bathroom and had a quick shower, I'm still thinking about that Lando guy tho. I think it's cute he's waiting for a girl but I don't know if he'll ever see her again, I snap out of my thoughts when the bathroom door opens.

"Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to wake you up" I look at Avery with a guilty look on my face, "it's alright. How was dinner?"

"It was great, but also a little thing happened" she looked at me with a frown on her face. I quickly got out of the shower and then we laid down in bed, I told her everything about the night. She thinks I should talk to Lando but I don't know how I feel about that, after that we went to sleep cause we had to be up early tomorrow morning.