Chapter 11: Cheater

I was filled with dread as I walked up the steps to Isabella's hotel room. It was race day and yesterday I didn't see or talk to her at all. I just couldn't wait to talk to her anymore, I needed to see her. I just want to apologize.

When I got to her door, I felt my heart sink. I knew this was the right thing to do, but I was still scared. Taking a deep breath, I knocked on the door.

Isabella answered and I was surprised by the look on her face. She still looked upset, but she also seemed to have a hint of understanding in her eyes.

"I'm sorry," I said, looking directly at her. "I shouldn't have yelled at you and I regret it. I know it makes you think of your father"

Isabella opened her mouth to speak, but no words came out. Instead, she stepped aside and motioned for me to come in.

I followed her into the hotel room and sat down on the bed. She didn't sit down beside me, instead she just stood there and looked at me.

"I know it's not enough," I began. "But I really am sorry. I never should have taken my anger out on you and I regret it"

Isabella finally nodded and sat down next to me. "I know," she said softly. "But I also understand why you were angry. We both made mistakes and I know we can move past this if we just talk things through"

I felt a wave of relief wash over me, thankful that Isabella was so understanding.

"Thank you" I said, knowing I had to probably hurt her again. "What is it Lando? I can see you thinking of something"

"I need to tell you something, and you're not going to like it" I speak honestly.

I told her everything, Avery's phone call, my confrontation to Carlos, everything. Every little detail. Every word that's been said.

She broke down, holding me tightly. "I shouldn't be crying, I'm supposed to be stronger than this" she said looking at me with tears streaming down her face. "You are strong. It's hard because you loved them both. And maybe even still do"

"I wasn't good enough was I?"

What the hell did she just say? Not good enough?

"Isabella, don't you dare to say that ever again. You're beautiful. On the inside and outside. You're one of the most talented people I've ever met and I've never felt this comfortable with any girl before. It's not your fault that this happened" I say looking her in the eye.

"I just, I don't know what to do"

"And that's okay. You don't have to know right now." I tried to make her smile again and comfort her.

After she calmed down again I gave her my hoodie and watched a movie. She wanted me to stay for dinner. When we were done eating she asked me if I could stay for the night too, after an hour of cuddling she fell asleep and her phone went off.

~~~
-FROM ALEX
So, you ready for our daily hangout? What time should I pick you up? Or are we calling again as it's race day tomorrow?
-FROM ME
Hey Alex, it's Lando. She's asleep rn, I'll tell her tomorrow that you texted.
-FROM ALEX
She's asleep already?? And don't worry, she deserves her rest.
-FROM ME
Yeahh, she just found out Carlos cheated on her with Avery too so idk if she's coming to the race tomorrow.
-FROM ALEX
OMG WHAT. NO WAY. I'm gonna fucking kill them both, tell her when she wakes up Lily and I are here for her will you?
-FROM ME
Ofc I'll do that, I'm sure she'll appreciate it.
-FROM ALEX
Hope to catch you two tomorrow at the track alright, goodnight Lando.
-FROM ME
Night Alex.
~~~

I saw her phone was about to die so I took her phone charger and laid it down on her nightstand, and went to sleep.

•••

I wake up and see Isabella still sleeping next to me. I look at the time, 6 AM. I need to get ready soon and be at Oscars room by 7 o'clock. I turn off Isabella's alarm, grab some piece of paper and a pen and write her a little note. 'Good morning Sunshine, I needed to be at the track early and I didn't want to wake you up. I also turned off your alarm cause you deserve your rest, especially after yesterday. I hope to see you at the track today, but I understand if you don't want to come. Text me :)'

I quickly head to Oscar and we ride to the track together.

It's almost time for the race and I still haven't heard from Isabella. Gosh, it kills me that I don't know what's going on. Maybe something's wrong? Or maybe she's still asleep.

"Why have you been checking your phone every single second, even in our meeting" Oscar asks me as my phone went off, me immediately looking at it again.

Just an Instagram message.

"It's nothing, don't worry about it" I tell him and get to my drivers room.

As I get ready to head to the track and get into my car I see someone running my way, as the person comes closer I see that it's Isabella.

"Hey" she says, out of breath. "Hey," I smile. "Is everything okay again? What are you doing here?"

"Yes I'm okay Lan. I just wanted to wish you good luck on the race" she smiles at me. "Well thank you Bella, but I didn't expect to see you at the track today" I say embracing her.

"Yeah well I was thinking to go to Mercedes garage as Maeve is here this weekend and I really don't want to see Carlos"

"Well have fun with her, and don't forget to support me" I smile and wink at her.

"So I see everything's good between you two again?" I hear Oscar say from behind me. Isabella and I both release the hug and chuckle at Oscar's question. "Of course" she smiles.

30 minutes later we sat in our cars, waiting for the lights to go out. Not knowing what was coming for me next.