27- The Gifted Graduation (Epilogue)

WILL POV-

---- 2 YEARS LATER ----

---- Saturday 11:10 AM ----

After many weeks of exams Will finally graduated from college. All his hard work paid off; happy to be given a deal with the apprenticeship course; even if that meant moving a small distance away from Hawkins he was still elated; knowing this would be best for him. Standing in his cap and gown the reality of the situation struck him. He was graduating. It felt unreal almost as if it was only yesterday that he started.

Parents flooded the gates of the hall, aiming to leave and take pictures before going out to celebrate. Even his big brother Johnathon was here, flying all the way from New York just to see his little brother graduate.

"Okay now pull a funny face" Dustin shouted holding the selfie stick in his hand, taking many pictures of the crew including Lucas who was officially crowned as part of the young kids' club. Will grew impatient; loving to take pictures but this was like the 100th photo being taken in the past ten minutes with little variation.

"Dustin! I swear to God" Max raised her fist being pulled into the picture, she scowled; her voice flat. El on the other hand was the exact opposite; bubbly and full of life. She smiled, multiple bouquets in her hands, holding all of them in every photo and somehow still managing to interlock fingers with the redhead, the pair remained inseparable; no one was able to separate them today.

"Fine!" Dustin sighed "We'll take a five-minute break" He jokingly sighed running over to Steve and Robin. After learning Will worked at Scoops Ahoy, Dustin made it a priority to meet him and over time developed a little brother relationship with both Robin and Steve. He waddled off into the short distance.

Will shuffled to his mom and brother hugging to congratulate him. Both believed in him offering support the whole way. Johnathon would even send what little money he made over to help his family. "So how does it feel, Will Wheeler?" Johnathon joked; the chestnut-haired boy scrunched his face "Ugh! That doesn't sound right"

"I mean you are going to be a Mr Wheeler one day" Johnathon crossed his arms

"Don't mock him Johnathon" Joyce reprimanded, learning about Mike's age and real job about a year ago. It was not a pretty sight when she found the truth; a whole fiasco hit the Byers household and Mike was forbidden to even been mentioned in the home, but after seeing how distraught and quiet Will was without the ravenette, reluctantly Joyce gave them her blessing to date; but warmed up to the idea knowing that a mature man would be good for her son.

Will rolled his eyes, "Well at least my boyfriend is a professor" He spat.

TAP TAP

Two rhythmic taps pressed against the shoulder of the chestnut-haired boy. He jumped, turning his attention to the touch. "Oh, Hey Richie!"

"Hi... I didn't get a chance to congratulate you" He stuttered "Congrats Will!"

"You too Richie!" The chestnut-haired boy smiled stepping away from his family

"Oh, by the way Will, I wanted you to meet someone" The tall boy fidgeted nervously

"Oh..., Okay" Will blinked surprised