Ch17: Rude treatment

Arc 2: Night Raven College

Ch3: Rude treatment

Getting to Sage Island was challenging. People must board a train, ride a bus, board a boat, swap to another boat, and board another bus after landing at the Airport on the Land of Dawning.

After arriving at the airport in the Land of Dawning. Andersen went to the airport's restroom and entered one of the stalls. He wasn't there to pee or expel garbage from his body.

Despite appearing human, the body supplied to him when he was summoned does not require extraneous biological functions such as those. All of the food he consumes is transformed into energy or mana.

Andersen entered the stall in his spirit form. He walked in front of the mirror after opening the door to the stall he had entered.

When he looked in the mirror, he was pleased to see that there was no reflection or shadow. His entire body is imperceptible.

'It was fortunate the same rules apply here in twisted wonderland when I take on my spirit form. '

Every Heroic Spirit has a spirit form. The Spirit form is utilized to avoid causing problems for their masters. When in spirit form, mana consumption is extremely low.

The reason Andersen is currently in his spirit form was easy. He refuses to spend the currency provided to him by the present mayor of Ledusberg.

He would use many modes of transportation for free to Sage Island while remaining unobserved by the other passengers.

That's what he did after leaving the airport. Andersen arrived at Sage Island many hours later. He then found an inconspicuous location before disabling his spirit form and making himself visible to everyone.

Many people turned to stare at him as he walked before losing interest for a few seconds. Andersen was dressed professionally. A 10-year-old child dressed in a work outfit might appear weird. That's why they are staring at Andersen. But the fairy tale author doesn't care about the attention and interest of the people directing at him.

Now that he was at Sage Island, he needed to head to Night Raven College for his interview.

------------------------

August was a summer holiday month for students and teachers. However, at Night Raven College in August, several students have already returned from holidays in their home countries and are already residing in their dorms.

Trey Clover was one of the pupils who arrived early. He will be a Junior (3rd year) student starting in September.

As for the cause for his early return to Night Raven College, it was his job and responsibility as a vice warden of one of the dorm houses in this arcane school to aid the house warden of his dorm.

Riddle Roseheart, the house warden of the dorm Heartslabyul, would be on the Night Raven College in the second week of August. While Riddle was away at the Queendom of Roses at his parent's house, it was Trey's responsibility to ensure that nothing went wrong at the dorm before Riddle's return.

There was only a handful of Heartslabyul pupils present at Heart Raven College at the time. But Trey needed to make sure they didn't breach any laws so they wouldn't be punished by Riddle when he returned. Unlike past Heartslabyul house wardens who were more liberal with the dorm rules, Riddle Roseheart was very severe and made certain that the Heartlabyul dorm rules, which originated from one of the great seven, the Queen of Hearts were followed.

Trey came across an odd scene while wandering through the outer passageways in the afternoon. Two Savanaclaw pupils were currently bullying a child who appeared to be 10 years old.

Although the two students are not dressed in their school or dorm uniforms, Trey suspects they are from the Savanaclaw house dorm. It's not only that they have ears or tails. Not all Beastmen pupils were assigned to Savanna Claw; others were sent to other houses.

Trey assumed they were from Savanaclaw because of their attitude and physical appearance. The majority of Savanaclaw pupils are physically fit and have a jungle worldview.

Bully the weak and be afraid of the powerful.

Trey would normally disregard such a situation if he stood to gain nothing. It was not his responsibility to assist everyone in need. Play it cautious rather than risk attracting unwanted attention, and avoid getting involved in matters that were not his concern.

The situation in front of him was a prime example.

Trey wasn't interested, but he found himself approaching the two Savanaclaw students and the youngster they were bullying.

" Is there something wrong?"

Why did he decide to get involved in this problem when the child was not a student? Trey is perplexed as to what the kid is doing here. Curiosity is the reason he decided to intervene. And to perhaps obtain an answer to his curiosity.

One of the Savanaclaw students responded with their ears and tails raised.

" We just wanted to offer our assistance and ask the brat if he was lost, but he chose to ignore us and look at us as if we were pests in his path."

" He's an ungrateful and rude brat!"

Trey looks surprised by the two Savanaclaw students. His supposition was incorrect. They weren't making fun of the kid. The two Savanaclaw students appear to be people who would never bully a helpless child.

Trey crouched to the child's level and asked the child softly and gently, sending a peek his way. The distinctive blue-haired child reminded him of his younger siblings.

" Is what they've said true? "

Trey expected the boy to surrender and answer his inquiry, but he didn't expect him to click his tongue and stare at him. The child responds to his inquiry.

The kid's voice, contrary to his expectations, is not adorable or high-pitched. It was an adult male's deep and mature voice.

" Tch, I don't need your help, youngsters. Since I ignore the two of you, should you have already understood that I don't need your help? I guess you two are just filled with muscles, and your pea brain is so minuscule and tiny that you can't grasp what I want."

The blue-haired short man narrowed his blue eyes at Trey and says coldly.

" I also don't need your help and treated like a little kid. You don't need to pretend in wanting to help and leaving a good impression, youngster. I know my way to the headmaster's office, it was written on the business card given to me. "

After the declaration, the blue-haired child-looking adult left leaving a surprise 2 Savanaclaw students and Trey.