dancing in the moonlight

"Sonic?"
"Uhhhh, yyEEAH???"

Tails pushed the door open slowly to see Sonic sitting on the floor doing nothing.

Sonic blinked a few times, "What?"

"Uh, so, I didn't tell you this but we have to attend a ball tonight," Tails stood awkwardly at the door frame.

"Lemme guess, Amy wants to take me out?" Sonic frowned and crossed his arms.

Tails nodded slowly and smiled, "And we gotta wear formal clothing there.."

"I'm not doing that," Sonic shook his head and looked the other way, "Not going."

"You haaave to! There will be chilli dogs there!"

Sonic replied immediately after that, "Okay, sure, what does formal mean."

"You have to wear pants. And a suit."

"I'm not wearing pants," Sonic narrowed his eyes at the ground and frowned.

----

Sonic and Tails pulled up in front of Rouge's home. Sonic yawned and walked out the car as Tails flied off into the house.

"Hey!" Rouge pulled the door open, "Welcome!"

Tails smiled and happily skipped into the room. Sonic followed behind and flashed a friendly smile at Rouge as he stood by the door frame, "Ladies first."

Rouge rolled her eyes, "You're the lady here, Blue."

Sonic pouted, "Just go in," He pushed Rouge into the house as he got in as well.

Rouge disappeared into the crowd not long after, and so did Tails. Sonic was left alone again. He pounced into a beanbag and purred as he relaxed into the cushion.

He didn't know what time it was - not like it was concerning of him, nor did he like to wear these dumb pants.

He wanted to take them off so bad -

"Oh, but for the sakes of formality and 'professional-ity', I shall not take this god forsaken, uncomfortable western suit off."

He said with a much dramatic voice to Espio. Espio blinked, "It could use a little more rhyme."

Sonic groaned, "Not you too!"

Espio raised an eye ridge and walked away after hearing his teammate call him. Sonic huffed and crossed his arms.

"I don't wanna be here," He said with a rather sassy tone.

He shut his eyes and pouted. He tried to sleep but was interrupted by a sudden Shadow cast over him.

"Why not?"

Sonic opened his eyes and stared for a few seconds before he jumped in shock, "GYATDAYUM- Oh, Shadow?!"

Shadow narrowed his eyes at Sonic's commentary and nodded, "Yes, Shadow."

Sonic smirked. He sat up and reached his leg out to kick Shadow's knee, and accidentally hooked his feet to the back of Shadow's legs, causing Shadow to fall.

---

"Fuckin' hell, Shadow. If you liked me that much, you could've just told me and not beat me up because you're a shy little girl."

Shadow rolled his eyes, "Shut up. I'm busy."

"Yeah, busy tending to my-" Sonic got cut off as Shadow started to apply ointment on a few scars, "Oww!! Ouh, eeeuh, stop!!"

Shadow smirked slightly and continued doing it as roughly as he liked.

"SHADOW! I THOUGHT YOU WERE A GENTLE LOVER!? NGGH!!" Sonic yelled out in agony, he was kicking his legs.