2. [Favourite Worst Nightmare]

2152 words
[★★★★☆]

"I hate you. Why can't you just go away?!" Miles yelled at Alex, pushing him away. Alex felt his heart tearing apart. "Miles.. I-I.." He tried to explain himself but got interrupted by the other boy, "I don't care. Go away." Alex's eyes were starting to tear up, as he looked onto the ground. He didn't mean this to happen. "Please.. Miles, I-I love-.." He started again, when suddenly-..

   Alex's alarm clock sounded, pulling him out of the dream to his luck. He was breathing heavily, thinking about what he had just dreamt about. He didn't know what that dream was all about. Yawning, he put off the alarm and stood up. The boy walked to the closet to get clothing and then he got into the bathroom to get a shower. Once finished, Alex put on the clothes and wandered to his room again to get his phone and rucksack and put his diary in it.

Jamie
You got math homework?

   Alex already knew what he wanted.

Alex
Yeah one sec

   He grabbed his maths notebook and took a picture of it and sent it to him.

Jamie
Truly a life saviour thanks mate

   Alex didn't reply and went downstairs to get some cereal for breakfast. Then, his mother appeared around the corner. "Morning!" She greeted and Alex returned it. "Mum, is it okay if I stay with Miles after school? Oh-.. and can the boys come over on the weekend?" He asked with a smile, as he put milk into the cereal. "Sure, darlin'! Greet Miles from me, alright?"He's such a sweet and nice boy! Ya both are made for each other!" She grinned at her son, whose cheeks flushed. Made for each other? Alex thought about it too much, even though he knew that she had meant it as friends.

   "Al, aren't you feelin' good? Your face is-.." Penny started but got interrupted by him, "I'm f-fine!" He said, rather loudly and finished his cereal. Penny loved Miles. Alex sometimes felt like she liked Miles more than her own son. She once scolded him for not calling her by her first name. She always made him compliments about how polite he is and told him how lucky Alex is to have him because he seemed so happy around the other boy.

Alex stood up and got his rucksack. "Bye, mum." He said and wanted to leave but Penny held his wrist and turned him around. She kissed him on the cheek, "Bye, have a great day!" Alex's face went red out of embarrassment, even though no one else was there. Then, he left through the door and made his way to the bus. Miles and him always got to the same bus stop in the morning because he lived near Alex.

Unfortunately, when he arrived, the other boy wasn't there yet. Alex passed some time scrolling through some of their old messages and looked at the clock: 7:29 am. Where was Miles?! The bus would come in a minute. Just as Alex could see the bus in the distance, he noticed Miles running towards him. "Al, I.. just ran.. like a marathon, jeez." He said completely out of breath, making Alex giggle. "Yer just on time!" He replied, as the bus stopped at their stop.

"Yeah.. I overslept.." Miles informed with a smile, as they both entered and sat down next to each other. Alex shivered at the contact of his leg brushing against Miles'. "Hey, I like yer hair." Miles randomly said, making Alex flushing red. Miles noticed this and smirked. This had happened a lot. He enjoyed teasing the other boy like this, although he never questioned Alex's reaction. "Thank y-you.. I.. uh like yers too?" Alex stuttered a bit, earning a small chuckle from Miles. Alex figured that his friend said this so he wouldn't feel insecure about his hair. Little did they know that someone was watching them the whole time..

   "Anyway, what d'ya wanna do after school?" Miles changed the topic and Alex looked into his pretty eyes. "I dunno. I was thinkin' you'd know.." He answered, still looking into his eyes. The way they were reflecting in the sun light made his heart go faster. "Well.. and I was thinking you'd know." He emphasised the you. Both started giggling like little school girls talking about their crushes. "Maybe.. we can play monopoly.. or uno?" Alex suggested, earning a nod, just as the bus stopped.