3. [Memories]

1892 words
[★★★★☆]

Miles and Alex almost didn't catch the bus after school. Luckily, they still managed to get there in time. Whilst on the bus, they both didn't say much until Miles spoke up. "So.. how are you?" He asked. It was so weird. "I'm.. uh fine. You?" Alex replied and looked at the boy next to him. "Yeah.. same."

   And that was the whole conversation on the bus. Once they arrived at Miles' house, his mum walked up to Alex and greeted him. She hugged him, making Alex slightly uncomfortable. "Mum.." Miles glared at her and she let him free. "I'm sorry! Still the shy Alex, I see?" Pauline apologised with a smile. "No uh.. worries.." Alex awkwardly laughed it off. Suddenly, Miles grabbed him by the hand, sending shivers down Alex's spine and dragged him into his room.

   "Sorry.. y'know her.." Miles apologised, as he closed the door. "It's okay.." Alex sweetly smiled at him. He found his apologising unnecessarily sweet. Miles smiled back and they locked eyes for a second, before he looked for the games. Just as he found them, Alex's phone vibrated.

Nick
Hey, what we got for homework?

Alex
Maths page 74 exercise 4
We have to write an essay about Shakespeare for English class

Nick
Alright, thanks! How are the boys doing?

Alex
Fine from what I've heard
How are you doing though?

Nick
I'll come to school tomorrow. Diarrhoea got better lmao

Alex
Good to hear! See you then

Nick
Yes see ya

   "Who are you texting?" Miles raised an eyebrow. "Nick. He'll be there tomorrow." Alex informed the other boy, as he put the games onto a table in his room. "Some uno rounds at first?" Miles suggested and Alex nodded. Miles unpacked the box and gave 7 cards to both of them. The starter was a blue 4 on which Alex laid a red 4. Miles then put down another red and this went on an on until Alex won the first round. "Revenge!" Miles said and they played another round.. and another and another.

   That was until Miles said he didn't want to play anymore and got the monopoly out. They played one round and started fooling around after. Alex sat down on his bed when Miles went to the bathroom. Alex got tired and decided to lay down without thinking about it any further. He closed his eyes until he heard footsteps next to him and someone getting into bed right next to him. Alex opened his eyes and looked to his right and found Miles already gazing at him. He was really close, making Alex red. He looked at Miles' lips and thought about kissing him, but he quickly looked back at the ceiling.

   Miles noticed this and smiled. "Remember when we first met?" He broke the silence, making Alex slowly looking back at him. "Yeah.. in music class." He chuckled. "You were always so weird when I tried to talk to you.. it took you so long until you eventually warmed up to me.. the day I ran off, y'know?" Miles continued and Alex looked back. Miles did the same. Back then, he always tried to talk to the other boy, who acted real shy at first. But since that one specific day on which they coincidentally met, Alex felt so comfortable around him, making him more confident. Miles never knew this side until then.

   "Yeah.." Alex laughed it off with pink cheeks. Suddenly, his phone vibrated. He got it out of his pocket and saw an unknown number.