13. [The Bet]

2047 words
[★★★★☆]

    Alex woke up in his room with a big grin. He had a dream about Miles and himself being together, cuddling. Luckily, this wasn't only a dream. The evening before, they were actually cuddling in Miles' bed. They were both really happy with each other. Both couldn't stop thinking about the other one. Alex stood up and put on a sweater and a pair of trousers. He got his rucksack and went downstairs to get some cereal for breakfast. His mother appeared around the corner who smiled at him but suddenly, her eyes widened and moved to his neck.

   Alex was confused and looked down on him, before realising where exactly she was staring at. "Alex? Mind to explain.. that on yer neck?" Penny raised an eyebrow. Of course, she knew what it was. She wasn't dumb. "What?! N-Nothin'!" Alex panicked, as his face flushed. He quickly shoved the sweater over the love bite. How was he so stupid to forget that? Miles even told him.

   "It's a.. uh b-bruise." Alex said, trying to sound serious. "A love bite is a bruise, darling." Penny chuckled slightly. "I-It's not.. uh.." Alex didn't know what to say. "I thought you were with Miles yesterday-.. wait." Penny interrupted herself in the middle of her sentence. Alex's eyes widened and panic hit him. "Uh.. y'know. I'm n-not hungry! Bye, mum." He said, as he hurried to get his scarf and ran outside towards the bus stop. Penny watched him leave. Could it really have been? Alex and Miles?

   Alex noticed his boyfriend at the bus stop already. He was smiling at him but Alex wasn't having it. "Miles! Me mum saw it.." He said but Miles found it rather funny. "Saw what?" He smirked at him, noticing the scarf. He knew exactly what Alex meant. "The.. love bite." Alex muttered, as he blushed. "And? Now everyone knows yer with someone." Miles winked with a small laugh. "N-Not funny." Alex mumbled.

[★★★★☆]

  "Heyy how are ya all? And why the hell are you wearing a scarf in the middle of fuckin' summer, Al?" Jamie wondered, as he approached everyone else. He glanced at Miles, remembering the incident from last night. Miles glared at him. "N-Not important.." Alex said, as Matt shrugged to show Jamie that he also had no idea. "Yeah pretty alright." Nick answered the question from before, as Alex agreed. Matt noticed the tension between Jamie and Miles. "What's wrong now?" Matt raised an eyebrow.

   "Oh nothin'.. just that yesterday, I walked in on him makin' out with sum girl." Jamie mumbled, but still loud enough. Matt had a sudden blank expression in his face, "That.. wasn't a girl." Nick got what he meant and started laughing, while Jamie was really confused. Miles and Alex stood there in silence, both getting red faces. "Huh?" Jamie still didn't get it. "Well.. think about it. Who that you know has long hair and gets confused with a girl sometimes?" Nick explained through laughs and Jamie slowly realised, as his eyes widened.

   "That's why ya wearing a scarf, eh?" He asked Alex, raising an eyebrow. But Alex didn't really answer. He just gave a small nod, looking onto the ground, while feeling totally embarrassed. "Mate, you gotta give me 10 bucks." Matt laughed, looking at Jamie who frowned, as he handed him the money. "You bet on us??" Miles raised an eyebrow, as Matt and Jamie nodded. They bet on the two gays. Jamie, who betted that Alex and Miles wouldn't get on with it and Matt betted for the exact opposite. "Yer unbelievable.." Alex muttered. "How does Matt even know?!" Miles exclaimed and Alex's eyes widened.

"Jesus, Miles. I know like every single detail because he wouldn't shut up! I'm surprised that he didn't text me today in the morning about how good yer at shagging!!" Matt explained, as he pointed at Alex. Miles frowned at his boyfriend, who nervously laughed. "I'm sorry.." He apologised. "Boys, please tell me you used protection." Jamie interrupted them. This was all so awkward and embarrassing for Alex and Miles.