Chapter 3

"Oh, I see so Queen Scarlet is seeking vengeance on the Mudwing throne huh?" Asked Coral. "I have a different theory, I believe she is only going for the queens who she believe have wronged her, I was one of the dragons involved in her dethroning and my sibling group had just been promoted to royal castle guards which she must've found out somehow." Said Clay. "Well congrats Mudwing and I guess that makes some sense, but now I'm not sure if I can let my daughter out of this harness now, I'm sorry." Said Queen Coral. "Mother quit babying me, I saved this ENTIRE continent from the three Sandwing princesses one of which YOU allied yourself with." She said a little haughtily. Shark snarled at Tsunamis arrogance and a little at his sister for just accepting that. Coral looked deep in thought as the other two females sitting by her side with harnesses waited silently. Clay assumed they were Anemone and Auklet. After a while though Coral came back to the realm of the aware and sighed as she unharnessed Tsunami. "If you must do this then you better return before or at least for my hatching ceremony in a week otherwise I'll be royally upset." She said as she hugged Tsunami before letting her go.

Tsunami smiled at her mother before she and Clay left. "So tell me about this ghost Nightwing you saw." Said Tsunami as she looked at Clay. "Not sure I should yet, I mean I'd rather tell everyone at once, Starflight, Fatespeaker, and Glory are in the Rainforest but Sunny will be furious if I bring her in last so we need to go and get her." He said calmly. Tsunami was shocked at how he was actually making immense sense right now. "Very well, oh by the way, I never took for for an accessory guy but that pendant really suits you." She said smiling. Clay smiled. "Thanks Tsunami, I really think it is cool, I mean look at it." He said smiling as he held it in his claws not aware that she actually did what he said as she turned to look at it almost causing her to crash into a tree which made Clay laugh as she struggled to readjust herself.

"What was that?" He asked laughing with joy as he and she began finding a landing spot seeing as it was sunset now. "Shut up if you don't want to lose your tail." She shot as they found an unusually warm cave in which they could sleep for the night. Clay felt the heat and his mind wandered off as he drifted into a dream about him and Peril the Skywing with firescales. He could never actually decide how he truly felt about her, sure she did betray them to Scarlet but that was because she didn't want to lose Clay, and in the end she made up for it by setting them free, rescuing Kestrel, and freeing Sunny ... Kestrel that was another dragon he occasionally felt bad for, sure Perils mother was a jerk but she'd injured herself in an attempt to save Peril meaning she did love her even if she didn't transfer that love to the dragonets of the prophecy.

With this all in his mind he couldn't get to sleep so he woke up and looked around first at Tsunami at his side and then outside at the world. He walked out and looked at a lake not too far off. "I wish I could talk to Peril." He said to himself as he knew she was probably halfway across the continent. He was however pulled out of his thoughts though as the sound of wing flaps could be heard. He turned around a little on guard only to see what appeared to be a large red dragon flying his way. Clays heart skipped a beat as he recognized who it was. Peril was heading this way and it made sense now why the cave was so warm, it was her cave.