37

"What the hell is she doing here?" Aries demanded, rage filling him up almost instantly.

"Aries don't be rude, she's my friend." Lindsay jumped to her defence, coming to stand next to her to display unity.

I felt uncomfortable, wanting to shy away from this whole hostile environment. There was just a heavy shift in the atmosphere and I felt like people would blame me for it. To the outside eyes, I was the insecure girlfriend who couldn't accept the ex.

Aries was ridiculously mad, probably more than he should've been. "You're friends with her? What the fuck, since when?"

"Oh I don't know Aries," Izabella began with a cocky tone, "probably around the time you left for America without saying goodbye and when I came looking for you, Lindsay took me under her wing. Gave me emotional support."

Izabella wore this manipulative smile on her face, like all of this was premeditated.

Aries laughed coldly, "do you see how delusional she is?" He asked me but I didn't say anything because it wasn't my place to pass comment. I barely knew their situation.

"You didn't need emotional support. You had no right coming to look for me just like I didn't owe you a goodbye in the first place. I have never been interested in anything other than your body and now I want nothing at all from you. Do you understand that?"

"Aries, my love, I think you should be discussing this in private." Noona touched his arm but he shrugged her off.

"No Noona."

"Come Aries, let us go be private." Izabella purred in a flirty tone, smiling at me to let me know that invitation had a double meaning.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to put a hit on her myself. I wanted to watch someone twist her arm up and slice into her own jugular with those ridiculously long acrylic nails of hers.

However, unlike Aries, that thought for me was only surface deep. In reality, I didn't want her to die, I just wanted her to fuck off.

Aries stepped forward in a threatening manner, getting into her space. "If I leave with you, you can trust it wouldn't end well." He spoke with such malice and threat. The man standing before me was so full of anger and promise. It was the man I was most familiar with.

He was the man I knew best, those cold eyes staring with emptiness, those actions cruel and uncaring. I had been on the receiving end of that look so many times it was impossible to count them. His humanity just turning off like a light switch.

It made me sad because I had been with an aggressive, dangerous man before. I wasn't willing to there again. 

The Aries I had spent the afternoon with, the Aries who played with the children and laughed endlessly by my side, the Aries who danced with me and sweetly kissed my cheek was, in reality, an unrecognisable stranger.

I know which of the two was the most dominant personality and because of that, we were completely incompatible.

I stepped forward, placing my hand on his shoulder to hopefully invoke some calm. "Aries." I said softly and shook my head, letting him know he couldn't do this again, he couldn't kill her. He studied my face, torn by choice.

"I'll be waiting right here for when you get back, go talk to her, find some resolve." He clenched his jaw really tightly and breathed ultra heavily like a raging bull. My heart felt weighty as I watched them walk off together and Miguel started clapping.

"Bravo! Bravo! What is the next act?" The family all around us started laughing and I smiled at his innocence.

"I'm so sorry Scarlet, I didn't know any of that would happen. She told me she met up with you and Aries yesterday for a drink. She told me you all got along really well." Lindsay approached me away from everyone else.