DOCE

CHAPTER TWELVE: MANIPULATION

Slowly, his attention rose up to me.

He stared for a moment, and kept blinking abnormally obviously not quite believing his eyes.

In that moment, the need to explain myself was like a fireball burning through my soul, an impulse.

"He wore it around his wrist and so I swiped it from him when he made out with my hand." I explained rather sheepishly.

Aries stood up, his dangerous gaze fixated on the small clip in my hand. He was ready to pounce and that made my heart frolic to extremes and I wasn't stupid enough to know that this was my only leverage. I would defend it quite literally with my life.

I swallowed as he stepped closer to me, fear making the blood rush between my ears. When he made an attempt to grab it from between my fingers I snatched it back.

"Uh-Uh, No I don't think so mister." He lowered his arm but smirked in the most devilish way because now we were playing a game, one he enjoyed.

"Scarlet," he hummed out my name in his sexy accent, "you know I can prize that from your petite little fingers with complete ease?"

I entrapped it inside my palm, squeezing my fingers tightly around it for safety. This only seemed to amuse him further.

"My sweet girl, if you'd prefer I could ram a bullet through your brain and steal it from your dead grasp?"

I shuffled from my right foot onto my left, it was an involuntary twinge my body made in preparation to flee but I stopped myself. He wasn't winning this.

"My guess is that you would like to access the data on this thing before it gets destroyed." I pushed my thumb into the metal USB end and he inhaled with deep annoyance. "I could destroy it right now."

He chuckled cunningly, like no matter how we played this he was always going to come out as the successor.

"Stop playing games you don't understand Scarlet. Be a good girl and hand it over." I backed further away from him and lifted my eyebrows in challenge.

"I know you want it and I know I have it, I believe that's all the important details I need to understand."

The height of his amusement started on its downfall. His teeth gritted together and his eyes sharpened. "I'm not playing Scarlet, hand it over in one piece and you won't get hurt." He scanned the room slowly, "I'm not above massacre in order to get my hands on those things."

I didn't move, my grip only tightened on the key chain. It's funny, the more I refused, the angrier he got, and somewhere along the way my fear got vanquished by bravery.

"Let's negotiate my terms." I pursed my lips and squared my shoulders, wanting to appear more in-charge and powerful.

"You will let me go." I stated, greeted by his eye roll.