TREINTA Y CINCO

"What? What?!"

He chased me all the way to the Vauxhall and grabbed hold of me before I could get in.

"What's wrong?" I shoved my palms into his chest pushing him away from me.

"Why did you involve me in that shit?" He looked lost, his expression truly blank. "I'm not getting involved in that. I'm not fighting some girl for your approval or your attention. You want to fuck her? Go back into that bar right now and fuck her, just leave me out of it. I don't care!"

His lips twitched and I could tell he was trying to fight a smile, hiding it because I was so fucking mad at him.

His eyes sparkled with delight and he looked down at my own lips. If I didn't know any better I would think he was contemplating kissing me. But I did know better and I had fallen victim to that look on his face plenty of times so even if he did, I would push him away for sure.

He knew the intentions of Izabella  was to drag me down, yet he still made me play the game anyway. It was humiliating and childish.

"Señorita, if I wanted to fuck her I would do so without your permission but I'm here with you, aren't I? I followed you out. So, where do you want to go next."

I folded my arms across my chest stubbornly and muttered, "home." 

His face fell crestfallen, "home to LA?"

"No Aries, I just want to go back to your parents house. I certainly don't want to hang out in dingy bars with people I don't gel with and clearly our interests are far too incompatible to continue hanging out. So I would rather not be around you either."

He plastered on that impassive face, the mask that shows no feelings. Just empty blueness from his eyes like he could care about nothing and nobody.

"Right then." He stated with a hardened voice. "Back home to the farm it is."

It was that expression I should hate, the coldness radiating from him like a shield of ice but it was the sudden change in demeanour that made me doubt my anger. When the protection stood tall around him, that's when he was feeling the weakest.

I had hurt him, and now he was pretending he didn't care. This Aries didn't have a heart, or he did he was just keeping it well hidden away.

We drove in silence back to the farm, I spied his jaw clenching every now and again in anger but his gaze didn't break contact with the road.

Once we pulled up outside the beautiful Mediterranean home I left the car and slammed the door closed behind me, letting him know my mood was concrete.

He smartly stayed out of my way for hours and although both noona and Lindsay made me feel welcome, I still felt like an intruder because they could tell we were caught in an argument.

The night came round once again and I lay staring at the unused space beside me, bedsheets left unmoved, pillow still as plump as ever. The longer I stared, the more it drove me crazy so I changed the view, opting to take myself over to the window instead.

The farm grounds were illuminated by pretty lanterns and I smiled to myself loving the tranquility. The rental car was parked up outside and I wondered where Aries decided to sleep since this house wasn't big enough for a guest bedroom.

In the distance, I noticed the light on in one of the stables and my heart sank. He'd rather sleep out in the dirty old barn than in bed next to me.