VEINTITRÉS

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE: FOR ME

It was peaceful and comfortable, Aries' bed. The mattress sculpted around my body, soothing all of my aches. The linen was of the highest thread count, soft and airy against my skin. If heaven was a place on earth, I was well and truly in it.

I heard him whisper a distressed pain cry of 'ow' and suddenly became very conscious he was in the room with me. I opened my eyes, blinking a few times to adjust to the light.

Aries was in the closet doorway, my breath caught as my eyes flickered up his naked body.

I sat up in the bed, propping my upper body up on my elbows, my eyes burning brightly with lust. His physique was truly magical, that was the only explanation for it. It yielded supernatural power over me because instantly I wanted him.

"How are you feeling?" His eyes darted to mine in surprise but he continued buttoning up his shirt.

"I was fine yesterday. I'm fine today." He mumbled dryly. I flopped back down onto his bed, ignoring his mindset because he quite clearly wasn't fine.

He slipped on some boxer shorts and trousers, cutting off the floor show for me so I snuggled down back beneath the duvet and closed my eyes, letting the warmth engulf me.

"Your bed is so much more comfier than mine."

"Well, don't get used to it. You won't be sleeping in my bed again. Get dressed. We're going to get your passport today." I pulled the blankets down to poke my face out.

Anxiety buzzes in my head like a beehive, "My passport is at my old apartment. You know, the one I shared with my ex boyfriend who threw his fist around and slept with my mother?"

"So get dressed." He uttered carelessly and threw me a bundle of his clothes. "We're going to go pay him a little visit."

"Are you crazy?" I fully sat up now, worry drenching through me, making me feel like I was drowning in negativity. "No Aries, I can't go back there."

"You've been complaining this whole time you want to go home, now you're going home. Get dressed." He was being so blasé about this whole ordeal and I was breaking down inside.

I could almost feel Sean in the room with me, he was everywhere. Like a snake, sizing me up ready for the kill. His beady eyes laying into me and stripping me of all my worth. He would sneak under my skin again like tiny bugs and I would be trapped at his every command, too frightened to breathe.

"Aries, if I go back there he will kill me for leaving. Or he will sweet talk me into taking him back. It took every ounce of my courage to get away, I escaped from his mind games and violence. I'm not strong enough to do that again. Please don't make me go back there."

"Señorita," he hissed, clearly getting pissed off at me. "I'm only going to tell you once more. Get. Dressed."

There was a feeling that came from my core, the centre of my all-being. It burnt up my insides and made my stomach flip inside out. Sean was going to be mad-mad. I not only left him, but now I was returning with another man. A man so obviously superior to him in every way.