SEIS

CHAPTER SIX: ANYTHING

"You just blinded him." I worded slowly, trying to get my head around the shock that came over me. My hands trembled and my mind replayed the incident over and over.

"Yeah." He answered cooly, keeping his eyes on the road. His nonchalant reply made it seem like I was asking him if he was thirsty.

What if we were caught on CCTV? The cops were definitely going to be looking for us now. Tracking his car plate, our faces, they'll be on the news.

"You just—"

"Yes Scarlet, I just blinded him."

"Why the hell did you do that?" I turned to face him, "he was just some random guy getting his breakfast."

Aries shrugged, "he didn't look right." He burst out laughing and I narrowed my eyes on him. "He can't look left now either."

I blinked, utterly stunned.

"Look, he wore a suit and a baseball hat. If that doesn't scream assassin to you, I don't know what will."

I banged my fists into him repeatedly, he swerved the car on a busy road.

"—ow!"

"Hey!"

"Scarlet—"

"You blinded him because he wore a baseball cap! Are you insane?"

This man was so unbelievably crazy he made the loony tune characters look sane.

"Stop." He chuckled out, "Need I remind you that I have a gun in my pocket?"

I sat back in my seat, feeling depleted.

"Yeah, who's insane now?"

"Still you."

"I've been doing this a long time Scarlet, made plenty of enemies along the way. I can spot who's genuine and who's not from a mile away. That guy would've followed us and he would've tried to kill us.

You're here because you're involved now. I don't want to kill you but if you don't allow me to keep you safe then I'll have no choice. I'm not risking myself or everything I've built because you're not strong enough to keep your mouth shut."

"You say that like you're doing me a favour. I didn't kill the girl, nothing will happen to me. You're keeping me hostage because you don't want to get caught."