Episode4

Stefan: "So, Damon, you have any plan to deal with Katherine?"
Damon: "Yes, I do. We can lure her into a trap."
Stefan: "And how are we going to do that?"
Damon: "We'll pretend like we're not interested in her anymore. And then, we'll make her think that there's someone else."
Stefan: "Someone else? Who?"
Damon: "Kymonyi."
Stefan: "Kymonyi? Who is she?"
Damon: "She's a tribrid - vampire mixed with werewolf mixed with witch. She's powerful and she'll be perfect bait for Katherine."
Stefan: "Alright, let's invite her to the ball then."
At the ball,
Katherine: "Lucy, here you are. I thought you'd never come."
Lucy: "I wouldn't miss this for the world, Katherine."
Meanwhile,
Bonnie : "**Whisper** Kymonyi, Stefan wants to talk to you outside."
Kymonyi : "**Whisper** Okay Bonnie, thanks for letting me know."
As Kymonyi walked outside of the ballroom to meet Stefan and Damon whom they thought were waiting for her outside; Tyler and Matt who were already quite drunk by this time of the evening follows along.
Tyler : **giggles**"Hey guys! What are you doing out here?"
Matt : **hiccup**"Yeah! What's happening?"
Damon quickly whispers his plan to them with which they readily agree.
Suddenly,
Katherine makes a surprise entrance; holding Lucy tightly by her hair while exposing her fangs in front of everyone.
Matt and Tyler being drunk did not hesitate a second before charging towards  Katherine
Tyler : "**screams** Get away from Lucy!!!"
Matt promptly aided Tyler despite knowing about Katherine's fangs; as they charge towards her.
Eyes widen,hairs standing on their backs as every attending guest of the Lockwood's masquerade ball watched in amazement when they found them pushing Katherine back inch by inch away from Lucy. The attendees who were aware of Katherine's strength were stunned.
The night ended with Tyler and Matt nursing their injuries, recounting animatedly about their adventure to anyone who would listen while Stefan, Damon, Kymonyi, Bonnie, Jeremy and Alaric who had made themselves scarce for a good part of the evening fashioned bewildered expressions.
From that day onwards,Tyler and Matt garnered some much needed respect of the founding families despite having defied their respective families by drinking extensively.

Kymonyi: What brings you both to Mystic Falls?
Stefan: We heard that Elena needs our help.
Damon: And when Elena needs us, we come running.
Kymonyi: That's good to hear. I'm Kymonyi, a tribrid from Mystic Falls.
Stefan: A tribrid? That's rare.
Damon: And interesting. What can you do?
Kymonyi: I have the strength of a werewolf, the powers of a witch and the thirst of a vampire. It's my curse and blessing at the same time.
Stefan: It sounds complicated.
Damon: But it can be useful in times of need. Like now, for example.
Kymonyi: What do you mean?
Stefan: Elena is in danger. There's an ancient presence in Mystic Falls that threatens not only her but everyone else too.
Damon: And we need your help to stop it.
Kymonyi: I'm in. Let's go... wait, what's that noise?
Stefan: It sounds like chanting. Bonnie must be casting a spell again.
Damon: Let's check it out after we finish this mission. We don't want to interrupt her focus.
Kymonyi: Agreed. For now, let's save Mystic Falls from this ancient threat together.
(The trio heads towards the unknown danger lurking in Mystic Falls while Damon and Stefan share their newfound respect for Kymonyi)