20

He softly held Ji Woong's chin and moved his head to his direction. He looked at others and saw they were doing their things.

He unconsciously gulped and leaned in

"What are you guys doing huh?" Gyuvin asked in a hushed tone wiggling his eyes. Gunwook turned and looked at Matthew and Ji Woong.

He arched a brow in confusion. "Wait, I thought.." he mumbled pointing at Hanbin. He sighed in frustration "You guys are so complicated. Really.."

"What's complicated?" Ricky asked moving closer to them. Gyuvin chuckled before answering "Oh you really don't have a say in this because you're the most complicated" Gyuvin said

Ricky looked at Gyuvin and Gunwook in confusion.

Hanbin checked the time in his phone
"Do you...Do you think Hao hyung will be doing fine alone in the dorm alone?" Hanbin asked chewing on his lips. Mr. Park rubbed his back

"Why do you worry so much. Relax, Hao's just chilling" he said. Hanbin sighed nodding.

-

Hanbin opened the door to his shared room and saw Zhanghao by the desk, writing.

"Hyung..We're back" Hanbin said but Zhanghao didn't turn to look at him, he just nodded.

Hanbin walked closer to him and looked over his shoulder to see he was writing a poem(?) he wasn't sure as Zhanghao quickly covered the book.

"What are you writing hyung?" Hanbin asked but Zhanghao just stood up, packing the books on the desk, totally ignoring him.

Hanbin furrowed his eyebrows "Hyung..I asked you a question" he said but Zhanghao didn't say anything. He just sighed deeply and brushed his hair backwards with his hand.

"Why are you being like this to me? Did I do something wrong hyung?" Hanbin asked trying to hold Zhanghao but he moved back avoiding an eye contact.

"Hyung.." Hanbin called out desperately.

"Hanbin just leave me alone" Zhanghao mumbled as he turned, Hanbin held his hand.
"Why are you suddenly distant to me?" Hanbin muttered with a sad face. "Is it about the leadership role?"

Zhanghao bitterly smiled "You don't get it do you? Of course it's about the role. Look Hanbin, I've worked hard, I deserve recognition. I've done a lot to deserve that role. I need to be the leader"

"I'm sorry Hyung, I know how hardworking you've been and how hardworking you still are. But...It wasn't my choice, I got selected. If anything I'd give you the role because of how talented you are"

"Hanbin...just stop. No matter what I do, you're still the first. I'm really tired of the discrimination. Why can't I be the one for once. I really can't help but be jealous because even if you mess up, there'll always be a cover story. But if I do, I'm gone" Zhanghao said and harshly wiped his tears

"Look Hanbin, without that role, I'm nothing, no one would recognize who I am, I just don't know why it's always you. Why can't I be the one? Huh?! Answer me Hanbin, you don't deserve this role as much as I do–

"Why can't you just be happy for me-just for once?!!"
Hanbin interrupted him. His eyes were red, brimmed with tears, he was full of rage and sorrow. He couldn't believe Zhanghao was the one saying all this.

"Why must you be jealous hyung? Can't you be genuinely happy for me like the others?! Need I remind you that I also worked hard to maintain my 1st place in boysplanet and when you over took me, I still was genuinely happy for you"

"Why? Because I know how hard you worked and how you also deserved a chance. Why must the case be different now? Why are you filled with so much hate for my success?!" Hanbin yelled, the tears he was holding quickly fell.

Hanbin was deeply hurt. Put up with the constant pressure from everyone to be perfect, he found refuge in Zhanghao. He always reminded himself that no matter what happens, Zhanghao would be happy for who he was.

"I...I'm done with this" Zhanghao muttered and turned to leave but Hanbin pulled him back.

"No, we'll stay here and discuss this because you've clearly made a 360 turn in your personality. This isn't you Hyung. Why did you change–

"Why did I change?" Zhanghao muttered and bitterly chuckled.

"A Chinese trainee "Zhanghao" won a Korean show"
"Why did Mnet let Zhanghao win?" "He's not even from Korea" "Hanbin deserves to win" "He looks better 6ft into the ground"

"Have you ever heard of these comments?" Zhanghao asked and Hanbin slowly nodded.

"That alone shows you why I need to survive. Even though I came in first place, I still got death threats and criticisms but you, no matter what you get you'll always be the world's favorite" Zhanghao wiped his tears and brushed his hair backwards.

"I'm nothing when I'm beside you Hanbin. I don't want you to be the leader. I don't want you to constantly have the spotlight. Because without these you can still survive...but me, I guess I can say I'm dead already" Zhanghao chuckled

Hanbin gulped and stepped back as he looked at how villainous Zhanghao acted. His heart was already broken long ago because of his words.He even began to question the feelings he had for Zhanghao.

"If so. I guess you don't want me around, That's fine. Just know Hyung...I will never forgive you for how deeply you've hurt me today. Let that play in your mind that you single-handedly ruined our friendship" Hanbin said and walked out.