two

'Flowers, cakes, strawberries.. Is there anything left?'

He looked around the now cozy looking living room, the TV was on with her favorite show ready to be played. Her, everything was about her. That night, those days.. His whole life was about her. At least, that's what we know.

"Are you almost home?" 

"Almost. I am around the block getting some ice cream. You want some?"

"Why not? Bring me a tub of choco chips."

"A tub?"

"Of course, it's not like we will be getting the same quality of ice cream in India so easily."

She giggled. "Fine, fine I will."

Her giggles, does he know how much he loves her giggles?

                                                             -----------

Not long after, the door cracked open making a small squeak. The living room was almost dark.

"Dhruv.. Are you home?" She said as she hung the keys in the cat key holder which was again chosen by her. Now if we are onto it, talking about the interior, they had a small yet cozy apartment. Of course they were students they didn't need a house that's too big. A small 2BHK house was more than enough. The paint, the carpets, curtains, lights, fans, switches, decorations.. everything was planned by her. She loved to decorate her house it made her happy and what made her happy made Dhruv happier, it was so that he let himself drown in her.

She walked inside with the tubs of ice cream in her hand and got surprised seeing the living room and him sitting on the couch giving her a gentle smile.

"Come on babe, Join me" He raised the blanket for her to get inside. She was in awe, she nodded and sat beside him handing him his tub. He passed her the spoons and they both started watching the series.

Perfect, right? 

It's just so strange.. that we never really call a moment perfect. We never appreciate the perfect moments in the greed that something better could happen. Is that one of the reasons why a relationship weakens?

"So, where are the avocado toasts?" She asked looking at him, smiling.

"I- I didn't make it Honey. Do you-" 

"It's all right." She snuggled deeper into him. "This is perfect. I love it. Thank you."

She leaned closer and so did he, slowly time seemed to be pausing. The voice of the television lowered. The back ground blurred. The only person she could see was him, and the only he could see was her.

Little did they know.. 

This was the very last perfect moment they are spending.