seven

She stood there in the corner of the hall watching him arguing for another woman. Her husband wanted another woman in her place. Why? Was she not enough?

"Why can't I? Dad, your brother married three women! Why can't I?"

He was quiet for a moment, then spoke. "Fine, We want to meet her before anything further. Call her family over for dinner." Saying he left.

She can't believe her ears, she can't believe the fact that her beloved father-in-law who was like a father to her would say something like that. She never thought he would permit him for a second marriage. It was as if her world stopped, she couldn't bare the fact that her husband whom she loves dearly will be marrying another woman.

She went to the terrace and watched the setting sun.

She waited five years, five whole years being loyal and loving him without talking or seeing him. She waited and waited patiently without complaining, loving him and wishing for him. He was always in her prayers. She never got a hug, a kiss, care, love.. nothing. She received nothing, not even hate. All she received was emptiness. She thought that maybe as time passes he would start noticing her, but no, if anything it's getting worse by him getting married to another woman. She didn't want it but she couldn't do anything.

"Sukriti, What are you doing here? Who will make tea?" Her mother in law said, she nodded and got down.

At night, she made her way to the bathroom and when she came out she saw Dhruv already asleep on the couch. She sighed and slept on the bed. Yes, they didn't even sleep on the same bed.

She laid down and looked at the ceiling fan. It was beautiful, the room was all beautiful and luxurious having all that a dream bedroom would have. A big room with olive green walls, a big dressing table with make-up and perfumes. A big closet now divided into two. She tried to distract herself in any way she can, but failed. Finally she looked at the sleeping figure of her husband. He was gorgeous.

A well-built body, strong hands to hold her, a pair of beautiful lips to kiss her, pearly teeth to smile at her, a strong chest so she could lay in it.. Within a fraction of second she fell into deep slumber just to wake up as a different person the next day.