sixteen

Where everything was painted with yellow, there sat a beautiful lady colored in black.

"I think it's my fate." She said to the river in front of her. "My parents die, my husband doesn't love me, I don't have a child.. Whom do I have?" She touched the water of the river. "Where will I even run? How will I even survive?" She smiled a smile of misery. "I'm the side character of my own love story." She smiled wider as her chest grew heavy. "How will I escape, where will I go? I'm not experienced to the outside world.. Not am I educated. I was always grown in the four walls." She paused and looked up to the moon which was slowly being engulfed by the clouds.

"You know, My Ma used to tell me.. 'Outside world is full of wolves and monsters in the form of men, the only man you should be with is your husband'.." She sighed. 

"Uff.. My fate, didn't even let me have the love of a husband, didn't give me love of a father nor mother.. What am I? Moon, are you going as well? Will you leave me as well? You are not Dhruv, nor are you Ma or Baba."

She sobbed, cried, left all the weight fall. The fireflies saw her they felt sympathy, so they came close to her twinkling. The moon felt bad and shone brighter, the river stopped to console her, the wind blew to say she wasn't alone, the trees sang their song, flowers bloomed for her and the clouds cried for her, along with her. The cloud was such a companion it made her soak in his tears.

"Mother Nature.. You're the only woman who's my mother, who loves me. Please engulf me within you, I want to be with you."

-----

"Vasu, which one is better?"

"Vasu, which crib?"

On the other hand, Vasu was being pampered with gifts. Soon, she'll be having her first child.