nineteen

Insecurities..

Hate...

Fear...

She looked at herself in the mirror, at her body, her face and her hair, slowly and slowly as her delivery time was coming her body deteriorated, her body changed shape, her hair grew rougher, she had acne..

"What are you staring at, Love?" Dhruv asked with his usual gentle tone as he back hugged his wife. Vasudha smiled.

"Dhruv? Do you still love me?"

"Of course my love.. I love you.." He looked at Vasudha worried.

She smiled and leaned herself onto Dhruv, even though she changed from how she was before marriage, she was happy that she'd finally be able to be a mother.

That little Vasudha who played with her dolls, she used to take care of her dolls, feed them and clean them. That little Vasudha who read her doll stories was now finally going to be a mother in only a month. She blushed at the thought of little fingers holding her hand, she blushed at the thought of someone calling her 'Ma', she blushed and smiled wider.

It was night again, Vasudha was sleeping. Dhruv stood in his balcony, looking at the moon as Sukriti's words played in his mind. He didn't love her, he now started feeling for her like a normal human should. He finally realized the injustice she had done to the poor lady. He realized how much of a selfish person he had been, while he was going to be a father progressing in his life he left Sukriti where she was 10 years ago. His eyes blurred with tears of guilt, he just wanted to get on his knees, hold Sukriti's feet and apologize to Sukriti. He wanted to beg for forgiveness because all Sukriti did was care for him, his parents, his family and even his wife.

He looked down at the river from his balcony, Sukriti was not there. He sighed knowing he was the one who made her life stop. He felt like, he shouldn't be a father while he was such a bad person. He thought if he'd have a daughter and she would get treated like he treats Sukriti, how would he feel?

Now, started Dhruv's feeling of guilt.. but for how long?