six

She sat there alone, in her room looking outside from the big window. Her eyes were swollen and her lips were chapped. What else could she do except crying? She won't be able to move on, she doesn't want to move on. She knows no other man can love her the way Dhruv loves her but she also knows that she doesn't want to be titled as his second wife, she wants to be his one and only. 

She thought again. Why would Dhruv marry her if he doesn't love her? What if he loved her in the past and married her then cheated on her with Vasudha? Why can't he divorce her? Many questions bothered her, she didn't let him explain anything. As soon as Dhruv said he's married to another woman and still wants to marry her she left. She didn't wanted to hear his explanation or anything. She felt betrayed but should she? Of course she should, he was her only and she wasn't his only? Why?

Her parents, she cried more thinking of it. Her parents never cared much about her except for her success and their reputation. She was always the top of her class, always good with business and that is why she went to the US to study business, now that she's finally here she will take over it. Her parents won't be even a little bothered about her feelings. They are happy that Dhruv is from a well reputed family who are wealthy and some even highly educated with their own business all over India. They think everything as business, even marriage.

Vasudha was very different from her family. Her family thought of everything as business, either a profit or a loss, they care for love, they didn't value care, they just wanted a reputation, power and money. On the other hand, Vasudha, who grew up reading novels and stories of true love just wanted to find a true love even if it meant sacrificing...

'Sacrificing?' She thought, then got up. She washed her face and looked in the mirror. She went to take a shower and dolled herself up with the expensive make-up and a beautiful dress.

"If sacrificing is true love.. I will sacrifice my possessiveness to be with him."

One thing she knew about Dhruv was that whenever he was sad, he went near a water body, be it a lake, pond, river, sea anywhere. That's all the hint she needed, she took out her car and drove at night to the bank of the river, there she saw him, sitting, curled with his head inside his elbows.

"Dhruv!" She called out.

He chuckled, thinking it's his imagination, he didn't look up until he felt the familiar scent gushing through him and warm arms embracing him.

"Vasudha.." He cried harder, she was surprised not because he was crying but because he said her whole first name, he rarely ever calls her by that and only calls her Vasu.

"I love you.." She said looking into his eyes as the sun started rising, they leaned in for a kiss, a deep loving and unfiltered kiss.

"I love you too.. Vasu." My Vasu