Chapter 10

(Blake POV)

Kate just...slapped me... how could I be so stupid to make her upset? She is all I have...

My head weighed down. She was walking away. I must have really hurt her... I feel terrible. Then, I hear more footsteps. As I raise my head...

That bitch Zayde is following her. What is he going to do to her? She is mine damn it. I slowly follow them so they can't hear me. Luckily, they didn't close the door fully, so I could eavesdrop. I looked through the opening of the door and saw Zayde with his arm around Kate who was sobbing.

"It's okay... It's just that he seems to only be considerate with me or when it comes to his morals...but apparently since Jason broke only one of his morals, and yes what Jason did was horrible, but it's like Blake just lost his respect..." He was caressing her shoulder, as in something that only people who are dating do.

I get it. He has a fucking little crush on her. That explains everything: Why he is so touchy, why he always runs to her side, and why he acts like a dumb lost little puppy around her. That damn assho-

"Thanks... Zayde... but" She removed his arm off her shoulder "Honestly I need to be alone right now and you aren't helping me" Kate said coldly. "Oh well that's fine" Zayde said getting up. I regained my posture and walked back downstairs before Zayde could see me.

That's my Kate... She knows what he was doing! Of course she wouldn't do that to me.

Zayde glared at me as I walked back upstairs to check in on her. I knock on the door and walk in. Since she was sitting on the edge of the bed, I crouched down to face her face-to-face.

"I am really sorry, Kate. I didn't mean it like that. I love you. It's just that cheating on Zari was terrible... I want you to know that I would never do that to you. I really hope you forgive me."

She faced me and I held her face. She leaned into it and continued crying. I got up onto the bed and held her until she fell asleep. She looks peaceful and beautiful while she sleeps. I will never let her go. The moment my eyes fell upon her for the first time, all I could think about was her. Nothing else but her. So much so that I couldn't sleep. She looks innocent, almost too innocent. But only I know how much she can ruin me with just one look or one touch, and she already has. I don't care that Jason is dead. I only care if Kate is okay or not.

"Hey Blake..." she whispered. "Yes dear?" "One of our friends killed him...We were the only people on the mountain since Zari rented the day... So that me-" Before she could continue going down a spiral, I encased her in my arms while she sobbed and kept repeating that she was scared.

I laid down with her and her breaths equalled out. I continued holding her until I eventually fell asleep as well.