Chapter 3- #Lesson 1: Never say otherwise.

We took our seats at our usual spots in the lecture hall. I was just about putting the last touch, before I officially declare my books ready for the day... when I heard steps which echo off the walls. That was how quiet the hall had become, due to his presence.

I Knew this sound pattern like I knew my own breath. I knew who made us all silent with this method.

M. Noah.

I hold my breath, though I'm wearing my mask. Ethan is oblivious to everything going on but doesn't say anything.

He finally reaches the front of the class. Then clears his throat. "good day class." He says by greeting. His grey hair, and wrinkled face say much of his life experiences as he adjusts his glasses for the fourth time delicately on his nose bridge.

"good day to you too sir." We all reply, when he looks at us through his glasses. With his glasses slightly tilted forward and his eyes staring at us like a piercing blade. I'm forced to look away.

"very well then," he states getting to the main topic. "today; we won't be explaining much, after a few minutes you'll all be given a project." He decides. Fair enough, I decide.

After about Thirty minutes if I'm correct he finally dropped the bomb shell on me.

"Your topic is on the conservation of wild life and mineral resources, and how they can be maximized. Choose your partner wisely, you have only six months before you present my project." He finished, stacking his books together. "very well then, good luck to you all then." He said leaving and I could have sworn I heard everyone present sigh in relief of his absence but I wasn't.

First, I barely have friends and on top of that no one wants to even look at me, talk more of even associate with me. So how on earth was I going to get a partner?

Second, I had six months and with this problems when would I even finish the project? These thoughts were still driving me crazy when I felt a slight brush of skin against mine. Jerking me back to the present.

"you okay?" Ethan asked, worry flickered in his eyes for a moment. I nod then get up. "I'll be back." I say before making my way to the staff room. M. Noah's office, I really needed to talk to him concerning this matter. And only hoped he would listen.

*****

"Please sir try to understand there's no one willing to comply." I say. "there really isn't anyone?" he asks me arcing a brow and I nod.

"Alright then I'm giving you an F, for your project." He said, arms still folded and neatly placed on the table as he stared at me.

"what?" I ask, pretty sure I didn't get him the first time. "you heard me." was his only reply. I blink. "but sir all I'm asking is permission to do the project on my own that's it." I defend.

"and that's why I'm giving you an F." He retorts. "but... alright, fine." I say my shoulders slump. "I'll try." I say in defeat. "good, now... if you don't mind; leave my office." Was all he said, and I did. God I hated this man more than ever for this.

I made my way back to the lecture hall and began stacking my books. "what's wrong?" Ethan asked. "Nothing." I lie. Making my way out the lecture hall and aiming for the library.

As we make our way to the library, I'm silent.