Chapter 14- Panic

Ethan

I drive the car as fast as I can. I needed to save her, how could Layla be so cruel to her own sister.

Lyria, please be fine.

I was losing my mind.

Not minding the speed; I drive on. Feeling the need to find her, I needed to save her.

After much searching, using the tracker on my phone; I gave up cause it was no use. They must have thrown her phone out of the car or something.

Just as I gave up hope, about to turn around in hope of informing the police about this; then I sight a car. It was parked in such a way that the car was well hidden by the trees.

I stop my car and park it by the road, before advancing towards the car hidden among the trees.

I scan the area, and observe it was an abandoned valley. I walk deeper into the trees, in the north direction. I was contemplating going back before running into a tree. I groan in silent agony, but pause when I hear a twig snap.

I hide behind a tree, and do my best to blend in with all the green while observing the clearing.

They were three men, and there she was; hands tied . She was being ushered by the men to move forward, which she did with no effort.

Anger fills me, and I subconsciously step out of hiding.

"hey! Where are you taking her?!" I yell, they look back in shock.

I run after them, but before I could reach them; she had already been thrown over a shoulder. And they were all running away.

It was a hot chase, and I was panting by the end of it. I look around trying to scan my environment, realizing I had lost them in the dark. I wrap an arm around my waist, as I drag my exhausted legs forward.

Up ahead, I spot a clearing. I maneuver my way closer, once I'm out of the clearing... I spot four figures.

Three huge, and one slim and feeble. I recognized Lyria instantly, and she was standing at the edge of the cliff.

My heart stopped for a split second in its tracks.