Chapter 11- Girlfriend?

Lyria

I roll my eyes at my one in a million of a sister.

"spare me the chit-chat." I say, with a brief movement of my hand. Her smirk gets knocked off her face just by my action. 

A small smile appears on my face, how easy it is to get on her nerves.

"don't push it, Lyria." she says voice grave. I fold my arms across my chest, before taking an intimidating step forward. 

"And what exactly would you do if I did?" I ask her, arcing my brows.

She clutches her fists in restraint, keeping her temper in check.

"say and do what you what, but stay away from him." Layla says, hands still clutched and head lowered.

"who are you talking about?" I ask her, leaning against the wall right next to the door of this room.

"don't feign innocence, you know just who I'm talking about." She says, lifting her head; opening her eyes she gives me a glare. I give her an unamused look in return.

She takes a deep breath, she opens her mouth to speak but a smile suddenly makes its way to her face.

"anyway, you'll find out soon. As of now..." she says, stretching before laying back on the hospital bed. I stare at her, completely puzzled by her actions.

"I need rest." she finished. I narrow my eyes at her, "what are you up to?" I ask, voice low and grave.

She shrugs slightly, "nothing much, the usual by the way. To ruin your life, and take everything that belongs to you. Sounds amusing right?" She asks, completely unaffected by what she just said. And to my face at that.

"You're a cold-hearted monster." I say, with gritted teeth and restrained anger. 

Her hands were behind her head now, a smile of self satisfaction making its way to her face.

"I know." she says finally.

-------

Moments later, I find myself walking out of her ward. Shaking with anger. I decide to sit for a while, before going to meet Ethan where ever he was.

I get to my feet, stretching my aching and stiff limps. Stretching  wholeheartedly, I find myself pausing. Ahead, not more than sixteen steps away, I spot Ethan talking to the receptionist at the desk. It most be about her bills I conclude.

I make my way towards them as calmly as I could. He seemed to be having a hard time talking to the receptionist.

I was just three steps away now, I open my moth with an aim to say something but pause as their conversation goes on. They hadn't noticed my presence yet.

"What is your relationship with the patient sir?" she inquires. Ethan's reply has me frozen in place.

"She's my girlfriend." he said simply. I blink, but can't stop myself from saying anything.

"Girlfriend?" I ask.

 Ethan turns around and finally finds me behind him. His eyes were laced with concern or was it worry?