7. pool party

Horrible. The last few hours of my life have been horrible. And guess what I'm doing right now. Partying yayyy! It's just so fun to see everyone lose their mind over bass-boosted beats and drown in alcohol. I absolutely love it.

Honestly, I was forced to come here. It's a freshers' pool party. Cara already ate my head for not coming to the night out and if I declined this, then she would've definitely made a scene. I can't handle more drama. Even if it's a minor one.

Last night was a rollercoaster. I didn't contact anyone. And no one contacted me. But I was in my bed. Lost in confusion. I might be the person who felt something for my ex after the breakup.

While my phone vibrated with an insane amount of notifications.

I've never been this scared to open my phone before. From the moment our breakup news got out, everyone on the internet has been hating me for letting go of a man like Kim taehyung. But they wouldn't say that if they knew what I knew.

And all of this happened because of the Jeon fucking jungkook. I'll kill that guy the moment my eyes land on him. The party has been going on for about an hour now but I've got no signs of jungkook. Not thinking much, I was trying to stay low in a corner.

Even though no one wasn't saying anything, I could hear the thought so loudly that it deafened me. "Isn't she choi yn" "She left Mrs. Kim's son" "She had the audacity to dump the hot millionaire" "What a whore" "She should've been grateful"

Usually, I am very much used to these words. But this time, it hurts. I don't know why. Is it because I've become weaker? And even when I hate to claim this, I know it's Kim Taehyung who has such an effect on me.

I'm going crazy.
That guy is crazy.
Kim taehyung is fucking crazy. Wake up yn what's wrong with you!

Even the thought of feeling something towards taehyung makes me want to check myself into a mental hospital but my heart says otherwise.

I feel warmth engulfing me. Muscular arms around my waist. For a moment I let myself melt in the touch. But when the presence started feeling too homely, I realized the biggest problem in my life is back.

"Tae" "Shh baby. Now you listen when I speak" he swings us side to side, slowly vibing to the music. "I tried my best to make you understand. I did that all calmly and with patience. But you here are acting so fucking stubborn that it's making me lose my mind"

His hands snake all around my body, fingers raking through my exposed skin. "Stop taehyung. Leave-" "From day 1 you belonged to me. And even now you're mine. No matter whatever you say" Tears brimmed in my eyes.

His grip around me got only tighter than before. I gave up at that moment. I gave up fighting for myself. I can't deal with this shit every day. And for the first time ever. I felt like crying for help. For someone to pull me out of this hell.

As if someone heard my cry, Taehyung's body was torn away from mine. The sound of a heavy punch gained everyone's attention. "What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Jungkook held taehyung by the collar before landing another punch across his face which resulted in taehyung on the ground. He shakes his head before wiping his lips with the back of his hand.

Blood. All over his mouth and hands. He chuckles before launching himself at jungkook. "Jungkook stop" I shouted, trying to get them apart. No one present there wanted to step forward and help. On the contrary, they were enjoying the scene.

I continued to stop them but Taehyung's hands pushed me across the floor, twisting my ankle. "Yn. Omg, are you okay?" I heard Cara emerging from the crowd as she helped me stand back on my legs.

I saw Jungkook's eyes wandering over me for a sec and I witnessed his orbs burning more fiercely. He looked back at taehyung before hitting him in the abdomen.

Taehyung winced, walking a few steps away from jungkook. "Who even are you? Why the fuck are you involved in this?" The sinister chuckle didn't leave Taehyung's face even once. From no angle, he was looking like a sane human.

"I'm someone you don't want to mess with," Jungkook said, walking towards him to hit him again but Taehyung was fast enough to run towards Jungkook at full speed and push him inside the deep end of the pool. He stood there for a while, looking in the water before his eyes met mine.

The look on his face made shivers erupt throughout my body. Taehyung ran his hand across his hair, taking a deep inhale before walking out of the scene. I walk toward the pool to find Jungkook swimming his way up the edge.

And when he came above the water, his long hair covered his whole face which made everyone laugh at his wet puppy look. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't hold my laugh. You always find yourself laughing in the wrong place at the wrong time.

He pushed his hair back and looked at me with a questioning look. His face had a small cut over his cheek, and blood clotted at the corner of his lips. He jumped out of the water and walked towards me before towering over me completely. "I can make your life a fucking hell yn. You don't want me laying down your secrets out in the open, do you?

My whole world stopped moving. My heart dropped to the deepest pit. There is no way he knows about it.

You know it's not your fault. People like you don't have the habit of digesting love. But you keep treating me like this and you'll see what I do."

His words were getting tattooed in my brain. Every word felt like a needle pricking into my skin painfully, having its imprint forever. He walked past me, his shoulder hitting mine making me wobble back.

Without any second thoughts, I walked after him. Usually, I wouldn't give two fucks bout someone who talked shit about me in front of everyone. But this guy knew something no one did, and at no cost, I can risk it.

"Jungkook, wait. Please I'm sorry " I pushed through the crowd, limping my way to follow his vanishing figure. We were led to the back of the building, but he didn't seem to stop. "Please. For once. Jungkook. Listen " I shouted, trying to run until I got close enough to hold his hand.

He stops, leaning back on the wall and looking at me as I catch my breath. "What do you want to say?" I step towards him, maintaining a decent distance between his wet body and mine.

"See I'm really sorry for what I did last night and how I treated you before." He chuckled. "If you're here to apologize then this conversation ends right here."

He started walking away but I held him. "No wait. Tell me what you were saying. What do you know?"