18. Welcome back

⚠️ warning ⚠️
Mentions of bl00d and gore imagery
(I'll put "⚠️" from where it's starting. Read further on your own account.)

Seoul never looked this gloomy before but maybe it's just my head making the atmosphere so. I had forgotten the fact that my apartment building is a 60-floor tower with high-class elite people residing in it.

Makes me wonder how someone like Jungkook manages to afford something like that at my age. My mother, for the sake of the media, gifted the house to me but jungkook is no celebrity.

Anyways the view snatched me back to its alt beauty, the air hitting against my face in rough drags. Staying at home made me so suffocated that I had to come back here to remind myself of the world outside, bustling and existing.

Oftentimes there are people or two on the terrace but today there's no one because maybe it's late and cold. Weirdly enough I felt the same presence coming back to me, of that shadow lingering behind my back, those dark eyes always boring into my soul.

There was a time I had gotten used to it but now this feels like the very first time I had experienced these eyes on me.

Looking around everywhere to make sure I'm alone, in peace for once.

I thought things were finally starting to get better but maybe not.

"Fuck" I screamed at the sound of the door opening. The dark cast over the figure, even the moon ignoring my cry for help.

But as it steps closer and closer it gets clearer to my eyes who it is.

"What are you doing here?" He questions and forwards his arms towards me. Taehyung had made sure to master his signature smile and plaster it on his face whenever he wanted to be forgiven. "You'll catch a cold darl-"

"Stay away" I stepped back, towards the end of the borders and the start of freedom. What have I done with myself? The man who plays a major role in bringing my life to hell and back is feeling like heaven to my soul.

"Okay okay. I see, you're still mad at our little argument...but it's okay. We'll fix it like we always do huh?" He smiles, yet again. The gauge around his forehead lifts as he raises his eyebrows and I wonder if it hurts there. Realization hit me, that I'd seen him for the first time after the freshers party and his accident.

Something happened in my stomach, probably heavy guilt falling down in the acid.

"Why are you here?" I looked around me for a possible escape or a weapon. Maybe I don't really need it but still, in case something happens...

"I came to see you. I couldn't handle lying in that hospital room for another second...I just wanted to see you" He said, walking towards the edge of the building.

"I looked for you in your house but you weren't there either...so I ended up coming here"

"You should go back, they'll be looking for you," I said, hoping he understood.

"Yn...you know I don't care"

And that's true. He knows that I know him better than anyone else.

"Then if you...care about me then go back to the hospital" I spoke, still maintaining a fair distance from him. 

He has his feet glued to the ground, standing there like and looking at me as if he's reading a story. "You know I missed you, right?" He speaks, barely audible to me.

But so so so loud to my heart, the frequencies leave a crack in it.

"You know I was dying without you?" He tilts his head, his eyes softening with every word. "You know me, right? You know your taehyung" he steps closer and I step back, my thighs hitting the concrete. How the hell am I supposed to forget about someone who has been with me for so long?